Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2016, 01:09 PM   #1
onetriphudson

Hobie PA14 Scupper Hole Repair

My PA14 was damaged by Hobie wheels that were only partially inserted.

The wheel rods punctured the scupper hole walls and I'm glad I caught this before attempting to fish!

You can see from the photos that I applied a 1 inch, thick walled PVC pipe into the scupper itself. Also you can see that inside the hull, I applied a thin walled 1 inch PVC section like a sleeve. This was all made water-tight with 3M 5200 and some zip ties to make sure everything stays in place.

Special thanks to Debbie at FastLane for taking my phone calls and getting me some information on this repair. I had to modify the directions a bit but things came out pretty good.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:20 PM   #2
pingpangdang

I stopped using scupper inserted carts due to this...almost had the same issue when trying to tow fish on top increasing load in the sand.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
pingpangdang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 04:22 PM   #3
pingpangdang

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetriphudson View Post
My PA14 was damaged by Hobie wheels that were only partially inserted.

The wheel rods punctured the scupper hole walls and I'm glad I caught this before attempting to fish!

You can see from the photos that I applied a 1 inch, thick walled PVC pipe into the scupper itself. Also you can see that inside the hull, I applied a thin walled 1 inch PVC section like a sleeve. This was all made water-tight with 3M 5200 and some zip ties to make sure everything stays in place.

Special thanks to Debbie at FastLane for taking my phone calls and getting me some information on this repair. I had to modify the directions a bit but things came out pretty good.

[QUOTE=pingpangdang;265352]I stopped using scupper inserted carts due to this...almost had the same issue when trying to tow fish on top.... increases load and sand resistance puts pressure on the scuppers unless the tubes go all the way above the scup holes . These are safer and cheap on amazon just use better straps uploadfromtaptalk1468628554533.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited by pingpangdang; 07-17-2016 at 11:23 AM.
pingpangdang is offline   Reply With Quote