Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #1
bigeye

Cuyamaca

I know it's hard to think about fresh H20 when there's life at LJ, but the lake on the hill is open to Yak's once again and there are some big bass and trout on tap now. The bass are on the beds now and a kayak is a great stealth tool for stalking them. Also the lake has been stocked recently with some big (up to 6#'s) trout. So if the surfs up give it a try. GOOD FISHING. Cris
bigeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:49 PM   #2
Huntersmoon

Landlubber

yeah, you guys who are afraid of sharks and big surf cuyamaca is the place. Only thing you have to worry about up there is a forest fire melting your kayak, and burning your car. I hear team banana is doubling it's fleet this week...
Old 06-04-2006, 05:38 PM   #3
bluesquids

I don't think many people know about this info. Cuyamaca lake has a GPS structure map online here. http://www.lakecuyamaca.org/gps/gps_map.html
Click on the dots and a description of the structure and a picture of it during low water levels shows up. It's pretty damn cool. I think there is around 150 pieces of structure listed. There is suppose to be a even better map of Lake Jennings coming out with much more features(no yaks but nice new rental skiffs). I'm told by ranger Hugh these are the only two lakes in the whole country that have maps that details structure in this way. One could really get dialed in on these lakes. Cuyamaca still suppose to have sturgen too right? Someone needs to organize a trip. They have cabins up there for rent as well.