Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2020, 07:17 AM   #1
Harry Hill

La Jolla perspective

When I look at the camera view from the La Jolla tennis club the perspective is from a different angle than the La Jolla cam for BWE. Not knowing the area I'm not sure what I'm looking at. How close is the tennis club to where you enter the beach. Is that looking towards the drain? If so it appears there is a rip zone right off the drain where the waves hit differently often not breaking the same as the rest of the wave zone. Or is that looking at a completely different area?
Old 05-15-2020, 10:51 AM   #2
Sdspeed

These might help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (91.2 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg lj.jpg (54.6 KB, 95 views)
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:57 AM   #3
Harry Hill

where is the tennis club camera?
Old 05-15-2020, 11:47 AM   #4
FISH11

Both cameras are located at the the Tennis Club section of the Hotel operations. it's the building at the end of Avenida de la Playa, were the log fence is. The web cam for the BWE web cam link is on the landing of a second story exit and faces mostly west, north/west. The Web Cam for the Shores Hotel's Web Site Web Cam is further down the the building towards the end, this one looks up North, La Jolla Shore Beach. There is another link to see the web cam for the Marine Room this one has a great view of the caves area to the point. Here's the link to the Marine Rooms Web Cam. https://www.marineroom.com/webcam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LJLaunch.jpg (121.0 KB, 84 views)
Old 05-15-2020, 11:51 AM   #5
TJones

LJ launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
where is the tennis club camera?
tennis club camera is to the left. are you trying to size up surf? get perspective? my opinion, is its always more more powerful when you get there in comparison to camera footage. tennis camera is in a area restricted for launching kayaks. are you thinking about getting out soon? hope this information helped.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 08:06 AM   #6
Harry Hill

Not trying to judge the surf. I'm trying to get a better view of the kayakers as they launch, Most go out of view of the camera as soon as they hit the water so you can't watch them paddle out, if the camera faced more west I think I could watch them. I'm just being curious.