Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 04-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Dont throw those rusty old irons away!

If you have any old irons that maybe have seen some better days, lite rust or tge plating is breaking loose id like to replate them and try and give them some new life. Im learning nickel and diamond plateing at work and in my down time mt supervisor gave me the go ahead to plate small personal items if id like. So I thought of a couple if old spoons, crocodile jigs, etc. that could use a new shine. If youre in the newport area and have anything like that I could play around with that would be great! Thanx!

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
fishinkid2010

Don't have any old irons for ya, but I thought I would throw this idea your way. If you can gold plate, try gold plating quarters from various states. When I build fishing rods I sometime like to carve out about a 1/32 of an inch into the cork butt of the rod. I then inlay a quarter, cover with epoxy and make my own butt cap. It gives it a very "custom" look.

Most of my rods are Baylor themed, so I would like to have some gold Texas quarters. Green and Gold baby!
fishinkid2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:38 AM   #3
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Thats a really cool idea, unfortunately I work in an industrial parts company and we don't do cosmetic plating, just electroless nickle for parts and diamond plating for chanfering tools and diamond lapping ring gauges

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote