Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #19
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

I just sent an email to Ken and have added him to my contact list so whenever I feel the urge to vent, I know where to go to first...

Mr. Wiseman,

I am one of the kayak people that have been attending the MLPA meetings, in Oxnard and Santa Ana, and have been fortunate to not only express my concerns, but question some of the decision processes.

At the Oxnard meeting, I posed a question directly to you and your staff regarding the amendment process to proposals (which was taped so should be on record).

In typical legislative meetings or government meetings, both public and private, when a proposal is submitted there is a 10-day lock on changes to said proposals from last minute amendments.

Again I ask you, why is this same format not in place for the MLPA process?

Also, in reference to your latest decision to rescind proposed outlines, can you clarify the the deciding factors for you to propose why all 7 maps be forwarded when the guidelines called for only 6 maps be forwarded to the SAT for evaluation?

For the record, I am the one who had the chance to speak at the Santa Ana public forum, and I directed a question to yourself and Mrs. Tudon regarding the misrepresentation of you tri-fold, clearly showing outlined 3-mile areas of your proposal that covered the entire CA coastline (mid brochure) and the accompanying page showing a surf fisherman.

My 9-year old son, Clay Harding, spoke at both the Oxnard meeting and the Santa Ana meeting on how your proposals would affect not only himself, but other children as well.
He missed school to attend the Oxnard meeting, and was encouraged to do so by not only his teacher at La Costa Heights Elementary, Mrs. Kelso, but the school administration as well, so he could get a chance to see government in action. He also had a chance to speak to his class the day after each meeting, and enlighten them on the MLPA process.

I look forward to your response, and will be present at future MLPA meetings as I feel the decisions set forth will directly affect not only the bond I have created with my child, but potential future bondings between parents and their children in regards to not only respect and appreciation of our natural resources, but government and legislation as well.

Sincerely,

Martin Craig Harding
Clay Tufte harding
yakpescador@yahoo.com

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote