Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2015, 09:51 PM   #21
Rambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
174 Yellowtail 12 lb or more
5 harvested
12 given to nearby pangero
The rest released

570 calicos released
366 sand bass released
23 sierra released
1 amberjack released
1 yellow fin tuna eaten
27 whitefish released
14 sheepshead released
5 halibut 4 released
38 corvina

With the exception of halibut and corvina , all fish bycatch of Yellowtail fishing.

Lost 27 jigs

Best month july, 56 YT
April and may worst at 5 YT
Wow Rossman you my new idol. What you catch in a year, others take a lifetime to catch up.
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 01:47 AM   #22
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
That looks like a lot of time spent on the water fishing good for you where you fishing sounds like Mexico
Old 11-07-2015, 02:48 AM   #23
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHELL View Post
That looks like a lot of time spent on the water fishing good for you where you fishing sounds like Mexico
Bahia Asuncion, Baja Sur
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:53 AM   #24
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Awesome ....you got my vote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:16 PM   #25
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Bahia Asuncion, Baja Sur
Wow, What an interesting place to kayak fish -- less than a mile peddle to the island, and 4 miles to a very fishy looking bank. Did you fish the bank ? or did you stick to the island and coastwise fishing ? I am surprised that you did not have any black sea bass bycatches, regardless, impressive totals...alot of fun catching all that fish !
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:50 PM   #26
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
Wow, What an interesting place to kayak fish -- less than a mile peddle to the island, and 4 miles to a very fishy looking bank. Did you fish the bank ? or did you stick to the island and coastwise fishing ? I am surprised that you did not have any black sea bass bycatches, regardless, impressive totals...alot of fun catching all that fish !
Probably 90 percent of my fishing has been around Isla San Roque although for the past month, Isla Asuncion has been a bit more productive. I am also surprised that I haven't run into a BSB. I had planned on harvesting one while I was here because I can, but so far I haven't enticed one.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:10 PM   #27
tamddo714

Macs macs and more macs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tamddo714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:45 PM   #28
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Probably 90 percent of my fishing has been around Isla San Roque although for the past month, Isla Asuncion has been a bit more productive. I am also surprised that I haven't run into a BSB. I had planned on harvesting one while I was here because I can, but so far I haven't enticed one.
Isla San Roque looks like a safer destination(less exposed than Asuncion). Maybe when the weather is good you can make a trip 3 miles SW off Pt De San Roque to the high spot. There or the bank 3' SE of Isla Asuncion are bound to hold BSB, plus the troll to get to either of those spots could produce tuna or other pelagics. Leave a small barracuda or whitefish on the bottom while you work your other rods(probably too many yellowtail around to give a BSB a chance to eat your mackeral). Would be tempting to do a drift from Isla Asuncion to Pt. San De Rogue or vice versa depending on the current direction. Surprised there are no grouper in your tally. The whole area looks very fishy -- What a fun place to kayak fish.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote