Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 03-26-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
godspeed619

april 14th fishin' question...

So I was at the FH show on sat and signed up fo the 14th tournament. Im stoked about gettin on the water and yakin' some bass but have one fish question.....I have to keep those slimy guys alive until my 2pm weigh in. No bait well on the fish n dive so i was lookin for some suggestions. Ive heard the wire net is the best....just a little heavy. thanks guys i appreciate the help.
godspeed619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:50 PM   #2
Brian Sanner

They will have weigh boats out there but they can take a while to get to you. The fish basket should (in my opinion) be used as a last resort. They cause alot of drag and make it a real pain to make any moves. Taking the fish in and out of the water several times is not good for the fish either. There are a couple of options available. The 5 gal. bucket with a bilge pump and 12v. battery is easy and cheap enough to make and will keep bass alive and in relatively good shape for hours, not to mention being able to move from spot to spot easier. If you can spend a little $$, Jason@liquidfishing.com has bait tanks that have worked flawlessly for me now and in the past. They range somewhere in the neighborhood of $125 to $150 or so. Check other websites also, Plastic Navy has a ton of guys that can help and I think that there may even be info on building your own tank. Bottom line,..........fish baskets and game bags bad, 5 gal. buckets and tanks good . If that is your only means,.....that's cool, just my opinion. Check out Plastic Navy. See ya out there, hope this helps.
Brian Sanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:31 AM   #3
spongebob_82

I am fishing the tournament also and was wondering how that weigh boat thing works. Can I release my catch after it has been weighed or do I need to cull and keep them till the end of the tournament.
Also, are there any off limits to this tournament or is the bay wide open. Or do they inform us at the prelaunch?
spongebob_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
Chris

Check out this link... you can click on the pic to lead you to the events page...

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ead.php?t=1767

but to answer your question, yes the boat will throw the fish back after they are weighed, and recorded, and I believe you can weigh up to 10 fish... so if you are close to your limit you may want to bring a scale, and cull yourself. They will count the heaviest 5 fish you weigh in towards your score....
Old 03-27-2007, 12:27 PM   #5
madscientist

I heard the little ones make great BSB bait.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:31 PM   #6
spongebob_82

lol
spongebob_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:44 PM   #7
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
I heard the little ones make great BSB bait.

Brad is on the troll again...
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:19 PM   #8
Handymansd
Ancient Member

The Bite better pick up soon, cause here goes Brad!!lol

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:30 PM   #9
madscientist

Hey, I was just offering up some fishing advice. It's not like I was pimping some other board.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #10
kayak jack

Just wondering, what size battery's are you using 12v,or 6v on your water pumps. I've heard that the 12v pump to much water.
kayak jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:38 PM   #11
Siebler

The pumps are made to run on 12v. It is best to stick with that and use an adjustable spray head or a time. I preffer the timer, Makes the battery last much longer. If you dont wanna drop the $ on a timer just switch it on for a few minutes every once in a while.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote