Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2015, 06:21 AM   #1
Saba Slayer

CCA LA Chapter meeting Wed...6:30pm

The list of participating supporters for the raffle at the L.A. Chapter OPEN meeting on November 11th is looking pretty good...Add some tacos and beer...how can you go wrong on a Wednesday night? (It's this Wednesday night George and Tony...not last Wednesday!)
The meeting is open to all, you don't have to be a member to attend or buy raffle tickets...Please bring a friend.
The meeting will be at the Long Beach Rod and Gun Club at 3333 Pacific in Long Beach CA 90807. The doors open at 5pm and the meeting will begin at 6:30pm.
Please RSVP at CCACALLA@yahoo.com if you can.
The Raffle is looking pretty good...especially for those new members that sign up at the meeting.
The raffle tickets will be distributed in this manner...
Everyone who signs in will get 5 free tickets.
A new member who signs up at the meeting gets an additional 25 free tickets for a total of 30 free tickets.
No Tickets will be sold!
We will have 3 or 4 special items for a silent auction.
It looks like it's worth going just for the Raffle, the Tacos and Beer, and the Fishing Friends!

Some of the raffle and auction prizes are....
$50 AFTCO gift certs...Diawa Rods and a Diawa Lexa 400...AHI Sabiki rod...Promar Halibut net...Engel Cooler...Izorline...Costa Sunglasses and hats...Fish Dope subscriptions...BD Outdoors shirts and hats...Salt Life visors...Bill Boyce print...Pierpoint Landing Gift Certs...De-Fishing Soap...Cousins Rods...Deep Apparel...Shimano...GLoomis...Power Pro...Gail Force Lobster trip passes...Redondo Beach Kayak rentals passes...Redondo Beach Marina Hoist passes...Redondo Beach Whale Watch passes...Redondo Beach Sportfishing "Indian" passes.
Brandon from Gooch juice has offered up...2 bottles of Gooch juice, 2 paks of Pads, and 2 King of the Crawl T-shirts for the raffle and he'll be there to talk lobster.
Bill Varney donated 2 surf fishing books...Amadeo Bachar donated a print to the raffle...Promar gave me a big Halibut net and a Sabiki Stick. Larry and David from the Indian at Redondo sportfishing donated two passes for the 3/4 day boat. Ryan from the Gail Force gave up 2 passes for the twilight lobster trips.

Last edited by Saba Slayer; 11-09-2015 at 04:30 PM.
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:38 AM   #2
Hunters Pa

Bump for a great cause.

Who else is attending? Kayakers were seriously active in keeping areas open to our access during the MLPAs. CCA has the NATIONAL backing to keep more closures from happening.

Yeah, remember those areas that the rich beachfront NIMBYs got closed "to preserve the habitat"? They are having sand berms put in place to protect their homes when the "natural" state of those beaches are just about sand-free.

Want the decision makers influenced by another parade of misguided school kids crying about the loss of coral reefs off of California to get extra credit in their civics class while their teachers are about wetting themselves with pride? Then sit back and do nothing.

A lot of people on this board put in serious time and effort before. Don't think the environuts are sitting back and not planning their next grab.

I will be there. Who else?
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:59 AM   #3
Saba Slayer

CCA

Thanks Shawn
Well said...!
We just got 3 more items for the raffle.
Dana Point Jet Ski donated 2 one hour jet ski passes and Gary " Big Fish " Sato donated a crimp kit.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:54 PM   #4
Saba Slayer

More Stuff...

Brandon Hayward is sending two copies of the latest issue of "The Bight" to be included in the CCA raffle.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:02 PM   #5
ful-rac
Emperor

I'd donate a sabiki 500 to the cause, but....

As you can see the assholes around here put the ol' hit job out on me and the amazing Sabiki 500tm.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:08 PM   #6
Mahigeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Pa View Post
Bump for a great cause.

Want the decision makers influenced by another parade of misguided school kids crying about the loss of coral reefs off of California to get extra credit in their civics class while their teachers are about wetting themselves with pride? Then sit back and do nothing.

A lot of people on this board put in serious time and effort before. Don't think the environuts are sitting back and not planning their next grab.

I will be there. Who else?

I remember that meeting in Long Beach. I will be there.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:25 PM   #7
Aznronin

See you there...
Aznronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:42 PM   #8
Saba Slayer

Gift

You know how it is in Big Business Tony....some Guys will look a gift horse in the mouth and don't appreciate real true Korean workmanship...that's got to be the best looking way to hang laundry to dry that I've ever seen.
I was in the office yesterday and I heard AHI/Promar is selling their whole stock of sabikis to a third world country and investing in the "NEW" Sabiki 500...!

Last edited by Saba Slayer; 11-09-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:51 PM   #9
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
RUMOR has it that Makobob's in Gonzaga will place an order for a dozen units in all sizes available to stock our new tackle store. The Sabiki 500 will be the ONLY sabikis sold there. The TRIGGERS love them!!! Baby spottys and Spanish Macks too. Get them while you can, they will sell out fast. Expect to see these packaged as the Special Baja Edition in assorted Mexican colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
You know how it is in Big Business Tony....some Guys will look a gift horse in the mouth and don't appreciate real true Korean workmanship...that's got to be the best looking way to hang clothes to dry that I've ever seen.
I was in the office yesterday and I heard AHI/Promar is selling their whole stock of sabikis to a third world country and investing in the "NEW" Sabiki 500...!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:53 PM   #10
ful-rac
Emperor

Now that's more like it! !
Old 11-09-2015, 02:07 PM   #11
Saba Slayer

Sabiki

An undisclosed source has donated 1000 "NEW" Sabiki 500's to the cause and everyone in attendence will get a 10 pak of the "NEW" SABIKI 500 1.0 with the "NEW" improved thinner line, and the "NEW" stronger XXXXX hooks and the even "NEWER" Super Duper Highly Reflective Glow In The Dark beads (that don't smell a litle funny)!!!
Thanks... to our secret undisclosed source!

Old 11-09-2015, 04:32 PM   #12
Saba Slayer

Raffle

Please read the edited raffle info...
The Raffle is looking pretty good...especially for those new members that sign up at the meeting.
A new member who signs up at the meeting gets an additional 25 free tickets for a total of 30 free tickets.
No Tickets will be sold!
It looks like it's worth going just for the Raffle, the Tacos and Beer, and the Fishing Friends!

Old 11-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #13
jorluivil

Quote:
Please read the edited raffle info...
No Tickets will be sold!

cash only for the new member sign ups?

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:02 PM   #14
ful-rac
Emperor

Shouldn't existing CCA members....like me, get some extra tickets too? WTF?!
Old 11-09-2015, 06:45 PM   #15
Saba Slayer

"cash only for the new member sign ups?"...no Jorge...we take American Dollars, credit cards, Pesos, first born, and virgins!

"Shouldn't existing CCA members....like me, get some extra tickets too?
Tony...you should get extra tickets just for being You!

See you knuckleheads at the meeting...!

Old 11-09-2015, 08:22 PM   #16
GeauxFish

Well I was always a CCA member in Texas & Louisiana. The "Star Tournament" down south is huge. It has great prizes (trucks, boats, college scholarships). The tournament was for catching tagged fish and big-fish for different species. It was always a no-brainer to register for the tournament. I paid my $50 every year for the chance to win. Hopefully, the CCA of CA can grow to size needed to do the same type of tournament here. In the meantime, I will support the local chapters, have a few tacos & beer, meet other local anglers, buy a few Sabiki 500's, and maybe get a lucky raffle ticket. I definitely encourage all to attend. The future fisheries will only get better with more involvement and influence from the CCA.......See ya Wednesday
GeauxFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:29 AM   #17
Saba Slayer

Okuma

Grant from Okuma called and said he's coming to the meeting and he's bringing two tackle trays with Okuma's new Squish jigs for two lucky raffle winners!

Old 11-11-2015, 06:05 AM   #18
Saba Slayer

Tonight

The meeting is tonight so this is the last post on the great swag for the RAFFLE...
Some of the items I didn't mention....

Old 11-11-2015, 08:47 PM   #19
jorluivil

Quote:
The meeting is tonight so this is the last post on the great swag for the RAFFLE...
Some of the items I didn't mention....

The key to winning raffle prizes is to show up late

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:08 PM   #20
Saba Slayer

Lucky

"I'd rather be lucky than good"...I think Pat Rilley said that after a Laker Championship...Good job Jorge!!!

What a great success!
Thanks to the all the BWE members that attended...We signed up over 30 new CCA CAL members and we had over 80 people at the meeting.
The Tacos were delicious...the beer was cold...and the "Raffle"/Drawing was Fun!
John, Wayne, and Pat talked about the CCA and our current projects, and in between speakers we gave away lots of cool prizes.
Lots of winners and happy folks at the end of the night.
Thanks for all your support!!!

If the winners of the Brandon Hayward gifts read this, please contact me so I can get your address so we can send the journal out to you.

Jim / Saba Slayer