Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 08-10-2017, 06:24 PM   #1
maquinapescado

8/10 Nada for me LJ

Been a while since I posted but it has been a while since I've been fishing. Double baby syndrome...........

Fished a week ago also for one 15-20 min fight for nothing, likely BSB on that day. Bait was easy then. I heard people saying bait was tough that day....not for me?

Today water cooled down, little on the greenish side. Started at 0230. Bait was too easy and remained that way, but I have an XL tank and plugged it. Only a couple marks in the dark, nice halibut rake.......wasn't running a trap, it was just random. Toad checker #7-8, CR'ed. Some marks rounding bait up right before grey light. My baits did numerous dances. Nothing. Had two A-Hole PB'ers motor right up to me while soaking baits in the dark ask me where the bait was. There was literally likely thousands and thousands of tons of bait. One rolled up right where I picked marks up and scrambled to drop baits.

On a final note, I've remained free from a total roll over until today. I hit the beach right round 1000'ish. Lots of tight period belly to nipple high waves and I didn't want to wait for timing. Like was the tide push. No real loss other than an older graphite bass rod snapping in half. I'm a fiberglass and SS guide guy anyway.

Good luck out there.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM   #2
Aaron&Julie

Thanks for a very informative report. Better luck next time.