Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2015, 06:39 AM   #1
nickc5

GoPro Editing Software??

So I've been using gopro studio which has worked ok and was wondering, what editing software do you use?

Also, every time I add music, It gets flagged and YouTube puts it on mute. How can I add music without running into this problem again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nickc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:08 AM   #2
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickc5 View Post
So I've been using gopro studio which has worked ok and was wondering, what editing software do you use?

Also, every time I add music, It gets flagged and YouTube puts it on mute. How can I add music without running into this problem again?

Are your videos monetized?
Old 06-12-2015, 07:12 AM   #3
WARRIORMIKE

Quote:

the youtube video editor is another one that I used not to long ago. I did like an older version of cyberlink? Theres so many of them out there. I do like the Go Pro app for quick videos.
WARRIORMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:21 AM   #4
jruiz
Large Member

Quote:

FWIR you have three listing options in youtube; public, unlisted, and private. Choosing the two latter I never get flagged. You can still share the unlisted one but I believe it doesn't show up in searches.
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:06 AM   #5
JJ

Are you using a MAC or a PC?

Either way, use the GoPro software to edit and convert your footage.
Then export it in a .mov or other format. Be sure to set the settings for the highest resolution when exporting.
If you're using a MAC, Final Cut Pro X is an awesome program to create your movie, as is iMovie.
On a PC, you have many choices ranging from Adobe to Sony Vega, etc.

YouTube and similar sites have copyright protections.
If you upload anything that has copyright protection, your video will be subject to various restrictions.
I once uploaded a video of some little league baseball stuff that I edited.
The song I used (We are the Champions by Queen) was/is copyrighted.
Immediately, I got a message that said my video was blocked in some countries, including Germany. Go figure!
I just left it there since I didn't care about the restriction.

If you don't want to deal with copyright stuff, you can purchase online copyright-free music, or use YouTube's music that has already been cleared.
Depending on how much time and effort you want to put into it, you can also make your own tunes with Garageband (MAC) or other apps.
Many video editing software also have royalty free or copyright free music you can use.
I know iMovie and Final Cut Pro have a bunch.

JMHO. Hope that helps. Good luck and have fun.

-JJ-
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:54 AM   #6
mclanea

I edit GoPro videos in Premier or Final Cut Pro. But I would think iMovie would be just fine.

If you're not a Mac user I don't know how to help ya.

Also, if you are using copyrighted music you run the risk of getting your videos flagged, then it's up to the copyright holder to determine to block your audio or not. If you want the audio kept I would suggest purchasing copyright free tunes.
mclanea is offline   Reply With Quote