Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2015, 03:46 PM   #1
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
It ain't turkey but it eats dam.....good

Rainbow power bait cats and lost one typing on a cheese zee knot with 2lb florocarbon....leader bass released
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2015, 04:39 PM   #2
igotpron
Xcoastie

Nice job!! Looks like a super dry ride there, where would one have to go to get that kinda action? And what was the recipe for success?
igotpron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:05 AM   #3
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

since its thanks giving I'll give u this....

My winter fishery lake Jennings
Catfish they stock in summer trout they stock in winter, it's $8 fish permit and 8 for launch permit 16 total your kayak must be a sealed kayak no scupper holes a water contact issue. There open from sun up to sundown Friday sat..Sunday and Holidays I use 2/4 lbs florocarbon leader swivel slideing egg sinker, and lead core line to go deep my go to bait for trout are rainbow and Sammon peach power bait and very us lures if you have any questions you can ask or p..m..me over and out....

Last edited by MITCHELL; 11-27-2015 at 01:59 PM.
MITCHELL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:11 AM   #4
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

And night crawlers and chicken livers cats eat the power bait I fish for trout and cats with the same bait I'm not a big bass fishermen but I catch them trolling to much casting for my arm....

Last edited by MITCHELL; 11-27-2015 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:01 AM   #5
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

From the Fishermans belly. com

Catfish soup....."Dam"good
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2015, 04:19 PM   #6
igotpron
Xcoastie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHELL View Post
My winter fishery lake Jennings
Catfish they stock in summer trout they stock in winter, it's $8 fish permit and 8 for launch permit 16 total your kayak must be a sealed kayak no scupper holes a water contact issue. There open from sun up to sundown Friday sat..Sunday and Holidays I use 2/4 lbs florocarbon leader swivel slideing egg sinker, and lead core line to go deep my go to bait for trout are rainbow and Sammon peach power bait and very us lures if you have any questions you can ask or p..m..me over and out....

Thank you Mitchell for the info. The lakes a bit far for me but I'll be putting the information to use. Am I understanding correctly, you troll lead core lines Carolina rigged with powerbait, or worms? Never thought of trolling power bait.
igotpron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:28 AM   #7
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

lead core line

Using lead core line trolling lures only you have to watch your fish finder close so you don't sang the bottom I try to keep my lure around 20 ft down and watch the tip of your pole it will tell you when you hooked grass...When you fish 2/4 florocarbon and power bait small sliding egg sinker swivel trouble hook size 12/14 or 16 you want to not move at all or your bait will come off it floats up off the bottom if it moves grass will knock bait off I fish it with open bails so If boat moves in wind my line peels off you want boat as still as possible it's fun to watch your line peel off with a fish and you grab it and set the hook
Old 12-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #8
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

fly lining night crawlers

Flying lining 1/3 of a night crawler with just a swivel on works to you can add a pieces of power worn for color i caught a lot of trout that way slow trolling only one time I remember slow trolling power bait and getting them. With trout what works one year might not work the next but they seem to hit the power bait every year.If the trout are big you can use a whole night crawler.I got an 8 pounder at lake cuyamaca with a whole night crawler and a piece of red power worm together I have caught alot of trout over 6 pounds to many to remember

Last edited by MITCHELL; 12-06-2015 at 03:05 AM.