Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2023, 12:30 AM   #20
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Yes finding what works for you is best

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruiz View Post
Most banks will set up your checking/savings account to link to your CC to prevent you from overdrafting, under the guise that it will save you from overdraft fees.

I always explicitly tell my bank not to do that. I would go even a step further and have separate banks for checking and CC. Then having a lower balance checking account for online transactions and paying bills. Then a checking account for income to go in to. Have a internal funds transfer going from one to the other to cover the bills that need to be paid. A little bit of trouble for peace of mind.
I only need a check book for paying my rent.
And buy everything with credit card and pay the balance off each month or pay cash. Most of my bills get paid automatically and I get tex messages telling me I got billed sure beats having to mail out all the bills with postage stamps.