Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #1
fishinjay

Tidelands Prick

Started off this morning with a nice launch at Tidelands Park with my dad. The sun was already out and shining. We both had no problem catching a few here and there around the moored boats which we trolled are gulp shrimp through. Here is where it got interesting. I’m trolling and all of a sudden a here a guy start yelling to the other peoples moored boat that I’m looking in the boats and what not. I paddle over to him and ask what and where he got that from... His answer is that i am on his private property and that I am not legally allowed to fish that area. I thought to myself and never really new that was true. I told him instead of yelling at me and to the others, to call the harbor police and let them deal with it. Of coarse he didn’t take me up on that offer and he said that he knows what i am doing and that (heres a real new one), using the fishing pole as a decoy and looking in peoples boats and what not and coming back later to steal the stuff. I sat and listened from my kayak as this prick went on and on about how kayakers and what not are the one stealing outboards and everything and blah blah blah. I still can’t imagine taking an outboard on a kayak...Thatd be a good one to pull off. Finally I had heard enough and paddled away. Met up with my dad who was a few boats down and he was obviously wondering what was going so I told him the story and he thought it was pretty funny how crazy this guy was. Well we decided to go to the beach for a while to give the arms a rest before heading back out. Once we got back out on the water we caught a few more sand bass and what not before we decided to head in. As I am trolling back in just past the closest moored boat, here comes round two. He and his pit-bull are in his zodiac and heading straight for me. After numerous attempts to tip me, he then starts donating around me to catch my line and break it off. I was literally amazed at this. He then tells me to leave his property and that me fishing is like him sitting in front of my house. If his pit-bull wouldn’t have been with him, I would have smacked him with my paddle. He was that close. As he hauls ass away, he then goes for my dads lines which he somehow missed. I could not believe it. When we got in we exchanged stories on this moron. Has this happened to any of you guys? He was in a cat style sailboat, definitely an older one.
fishinjay is offline   Reply With Quote