Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2020, 09:04 AM   #1
baileybikes

Electric motor battery

Hi all,

After finishing some electric motor work for my job, my kayak covid project was to setup a trolling motor for my AI so I can get out to 9 mile and not worry about my old cycling legs failing me.

I picked up a 35lb Newport Vessels motor. Pretty straightforward disassembly - I was surprised to see a brushed motor and pretty minimal water proofing of the head unit. I plan to take all of that off and remote the controls but I want some time with it as is to round out the needs.

Battery options were a bit/heavier and or expensive than I was planning so i am starting off with just a 35Ah SLA to get things tested out and understood. I'll likely mount the battery(s) mid-hull with motor connectors near the mirage drive holes. Likely a bilge and connections for my FF and livewell but one step at a time...

Suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200424_145449.jpg (143.0 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 20200425_223228.jpg (67.3 KB, 66 views)
baileybikes is offline   Reply With Quote