Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
Bluewater Jon
Author & yakker

Bait tank pump- drag

Hey it's time to redo my bait tank. I am way behind the times on these things- my rig is super outdated, and in addition I am tired of dragging the bilge pump off the side. Years ago when Fish n Dives were the rage I had one. I rigged up this pump that sucked up water through one of the scupper holes in the tank well- doing so, I didn't have to add drag to my yak by having a bilge pump off the side. Now I have a prowler- the scupper holes aren't in a good location, it seems, to do this. I'm pretty sure I had an aerator pump or something like that on that old setup. I'd like to hear others input on how they solved this problem, if they thought it was worth doing. Yes I am aware of the blessed kayatank but I need the inside for storage as I like to fish Cardiff and that has some real waves.
Tx in advance for the input.
Bluewater Jon
http://www.bluewaterjon.com/
Wholesome Kayak Fishing Stories, Pics, Articles
Bluewater Jon is offline   Reply With Quote