Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 11:35 AM   #1
madscientist

12/22 LJ AM

Beaches still booming, launch still ripping, squid disappearing, Andy still using too light line. :lol: Oh yeah, and I still suck with iron.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:24 PM   #2
T-Rex

Are the waves still small at the launch or are they starting to get some size? Can't believe it wasn't bigger yesterday with this massive swell :shock: - even if the swell direction is wrong for LJ. Thought it would bend more and swing into the launch area.
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:44 PM   #3
DESTROYER

Brad- Your really scratching. Two weeks left....I would be looking for those two pointers if I were you. Live squid in SD Bay would likely produce a nice Halibut....You can catch those guys, I know you can! I love the Underdog

Go Get Em!

Moyer
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:53 PM   #4
Arne

Hey Matt - I'm the underdog in this one ... like Ice said - one big fish can change everything. Now where exactly are those flat ones?
Arne
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 03:05 PM   #5
madscientist

I'd rather finish last than fish in the bay. 8)

Besides, there might be a 54lb YT out there with my name on it. If Arne doesn't catch it first. :lol:
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:39 PM   #6
Iceman
Administrator

Whole lot of anchovy, macs and birds to start the morning. Waves were 1 footers at launch and 1 footers on the landing with a few slightly bigger sneakers. I hooked up twice on the iron, neither one felt right. first was on the deadstick, just sat there thrashing side to side, ran a little, thrashed, third time the hook pulled. Brad talked me into the second hookup, Pulled me around in a circle without pulling drag, ran a bit and broke off, clean on 30#, both seemed like sharks to me. Plan on trying again tomorrow Arne, were your ears burning this morning?