Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 09:49 AM   #1
vellocity

what the HELL, it's worth it..

because it's worth talking about again!

Arne's been my computer screensaver for much of the year with his 42# model from early this year.
then i was stoked on a trophy YT i got on a LR trip in May, nah take it off i want a local YT screensaver...
i also had Aguachico's 43# whale of a YT photo up for a month or so..
thought of a few LJ WSB photos, nah..too slimy, i don't like them and i can't catch them anyways....
a whole summer later BlackCloud gets his monster and up he goes, gotta look at Larry every morning for a long time i'm thinking....
then Brad gets his monster Butt, thought about it for a second...nah, i don't worship "those" kinds of Butts, others yes, fishy ones NO...
i get a few cows on a LR trip from last month, up they go on the screensaver...stoked on that, hooked on cow fishing for life!

THEN...... damn Arne goes and does THAT photo above and now i have to look at his ugly hat and mug everday for yet another year??
safe to say those bookend YT's will hold it's spot at the top for the rest of my La Jolla YT career..
as my favorite WCW poster would say, "damn that Arne!" but we all know Brad uses the F bomb more than he uses the word DAMN!!!!

what an awesome year in La Jolla, some great grade of fish we got to see! still in awe of those big trophies caught this year

the quest for the world record YT continues!
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 11:04 AM   #2
madscientist

Nelz, I think you're screwed no matter what. Even in the unlikely event Arne's record falls, it will probably fall to Andy, Ken, Lamb, Pat, or, god forbid, myself or one of the other regular crowd and then you'd be stuck looking at one of that bunch every morning. Don't get me wrong, I like all these guys, but I sure as hell don't want to start my day by looking at their ugly mugs.:lol:

I suggest a nice LJ sunset screensaver (that's what I have, much more soothing).

If you care to raise this issue on BD I'm sure they'll have nice suggests for someone who has a screensaver of another dude. :lol: :roll:

Go fishing, Nelz. I'm stuck in Atlanta, where its FREEZING. Can't wait for this meeting to be over. Thank god for wifi and laptops.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 12:07 PM   #3
Dennis

Hey, what's up Nelz! Where have you been? Haven't seen you out lately. Hurry up, get your fish on before brad comes back... :lol: ..
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 12:23 PM   #4
Spinal Tap

Just to share with you guys. The biggest reported YT speared in La Jolla was 68lbs. So maybe some of those mystery fish that some of you have lost could have been the BIG ONE.

Happy Holidays,
Nate
Spinal Tap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 01:03 PM   #5
vellocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinal Tap
Just to share with you guys. The biggest reported YT speared in La Jolla was 68lbs. So maybe some of those mystery fish that some of you have lost could have been the BIG ONE.

Happy Holidays,
Nate
Nate, god forbid should one that BIG bite for one of us!!!! thanks for the motivation though!!!

Brad, don't think you're missing much...
yeah, i don't need an almost naked slut as my avatar to show my manhood like some of those guys at BD.... i just go fishing... it's hard enough waking up at 4am and getting out of warm bed with my girlfriend to go fishing.. so yeah, waking up to a fishing photo gets me motivated...waking up to a hot chick on my screensaver might make me jump back in bed and miss the greylight.. haha!!

Dennis, where have YOU been? i fished Monday and Tuesday and that was it for me last week.. unreal fishing last week!
Old 12-11-2005, 02:39 PM   #6
katchfish
Paddle for Mahi

Hail to the GOLDEN BOY!!

Brad you bug eyed Igor MOFO, your mother and your wife may think you are as cute as Barney but, as Jettin’ Jim says “He’s just a funny looking pirate wanabe.”

Damn it's hot here! 8)

Nate, thanks for the heads up!

Nice to know the biggins’ are lurking, both yellow and white!

Another beauty LJ sunrise!

Boomers booming! Nelz I can't believe you have time to post with that overhead going off? W&S was crazy!!

The calmness and high visibility at the shores reminded me of Hawaii.

Ken
katchfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 06:41 PM   #7
reel fun

Send a message via AIM to reel fun
i think arnes fish amaze everyone. yah windan was fun this morning. i surfed it from 9 to 11 30 and then i surfed simmons from 11 45 to 2 30. IMO simmons was way funner but windan had some killer right
Old 12-11-2005, 09:11 PM   #8
vellocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchfish
Boomers booming! Nelz I can't believe you have time to post with that overhead going off? W&S was crazy!!
Ken
NFL Sunday Ken...
i got my priorities straight you know?
plus i had to watch the CHARGERS throw away their Playoff hopes.. what kooks!
Old 12-12-2005, 06:55 AM   #9
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Quote:
plus i had to watch the CHARGERS throw away their Playoff hopes.. what kooks!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Awesome pics Ken, I saw bottom, after not paying attention at 20ft. It was sparkling like a swimming pool. You know it is a great December morning when kayakers are in shorts, and T-shirts. I can't see how people manage in other parts of the country! 8)
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote