Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 12:06 PM   #1
kurt

LJ 12-17

Lots of kayakers, lots of boats, but the fish were elsewhere. Saw one ~20lb YT landed.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 12:30 PM   #2
Ryan The Sealion

:lol: looks like I picked a good day to rest :twisted: I have a feeling they've got another day or 2 of wanting to die in em before the bite shuts off...was there still squid to be made..?
Ryan The Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 12:30 PM   #3
vellocity

thanks for braving the weekend Kurt!
Let's talk Hookup said there were 91 PB'ers + the kayak army + the sporties in the Cove this morning!!

time to practice your surf launch cause BIG BIG BIG waves on Wed!!!
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 12:51 PM   #4
bigeye

Fish

Thanks for the report. Let's hope for the moon cycle to be right, three to four days after = WFO. I think the fish don't like the EMF from the 100 fishfinders and the 100+ lures in their front room. The high temp in Julian yesterday was 40, so I think I'll come down mid week to warm up. Good luck to all. Cris
bigeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 02:20 PM   #5
DESTROYER

Nelz- I saw that Mavericks is suppose to be upwards around 30 feet. Looks like Wednesday would be a good day to go fishing, there will be nobody out there ]

TL-Matt
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 02:42 PM   #6
madscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOYER THE FISH DESTROYER
Nelz- I saw that Mavericks is suppose to be upwards around 30 feet. Looks like Wednesday would be a good day to go fishing, there will be nobody out there ]

TL-Matt
I'll be out there, if the launch is not insane. Just hope its not breaking way out. :shock:

Tough morning all around. Got there with the beginning of the crowd, paddled out a little before 5. Big waste of time until gray light, then the squid started coming. Loaded up and started working the drift. 7:00 rolls around and no one is bent, other than Chris on a wrong kind ride.

A gentleman asks if he can video if I get into one, I say sure, but I don't think its happening today. Well, one minute later my rod goes off. At first it just lays there, so I think black. Then it takes off. I'm trying to put the wood to it but everytime I tighten and go to pump, it pulls back harder. I see we are headed to a buoy and the Dolphin, but there is nothing I can do. The fish wraps the buoy line and despite my efforts to slack off and untangle, it pops. Big fish, almost certainly yellow. Spent the rest of the day looking for a second chance, never found it. Continued to catch squid on the magic spot through most of the morning, and when I finally threw in the towel I resigned to eat my bait.

Becomes....

Blue Cornmeal Calamari! Tasty.

Lots of talent and lots of friends on the water, but no joy for any of us. Chris and I tried some hail mary bouncing but quickly gave that up.

There's always tomorrow.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 04:24 PM   #7
blackcloud9
Kayaker

Brad,

I was trailing you taking pictures, as it seemed to be the only action going on!! Those damn lobster ropes! Seemed very slow for everyone out there.

Thanks for sharing some info, and for providing the only excitement.....

That was one SERIOUS :shock: video camera that guy was hoisting from the driver's seat of his kayak, risky behavior with blingy $$$$$$ gear. I think he finally realized that he couldn't film and keep-up with the fight at the same time. Paddle paddle paddle, get the camera out, put the camera away, paddle paddle paddle.

Maybe a skiff would be a better video platform :!:

Larry

blackcloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 04:28 PM   #8
Afran
fishy

Quote:
I resigned to eat my bait
Looks good though, probably better than fried macs. Worked the iron por nada. Trout fishing with a friend tomorrow. What's up with the hoopin'?
Afran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:26 PM   #9
Iceman
Administrator

I finally catch a live squid and the YT are a no show, fricken Jetttin Jimm shut down the bite ! I am sure Arne will find them on Tuesday
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote