Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2014, 03:24 PM   #1
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
Nice fish. YT are the one inshore fish, that I target, that I would not mind a bit stiffer rod for. Btw, finesse is what my tournament LMB buddy does with 4 and 6 lb test. I just take my time and enjoy the fight. That and try not to get in my own way by being unprepared or getting over excited. Although it does not always go down that way (especially with a downrigger to deal with ).
Like many, I watch most of your videos and can really appreciate the sportsmanship of using lighter tackle. You make it look easy because you trust in all your gear and know just how hard you can pull on it.

50 lb mono is fun though... It allows you to use a stiff rod and really bounce the fish up. You can load up that mono and just sling your boat forward. Plus it's just so frustrating in LJ lately the dogs have been on point.
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #2
Cbad Mike

Nice video!
We talked otw for a minute when you were heading in about the scarcity of bait. I only found one greenie. Fishing sucked for me but it was a beautiful day.
Congrats on your that YT!