Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 01:33 PM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

9/28 north of the pier

Beautiful sunny morning. Surf was up a little, water felt cold, managed to get out with just my knees wet. Breeze was never more than 4 kts out of the NE. Made some greenbacks, picked and chose a few smaller ones. Put one on the bottom and moved around, tossing a swimbait here and there. Saw some bait on the surface later on and cast out hoping for a "lucky sardine" Pulled in a nice big sardine and a greenback. Put the dine in the tank and as I was unhooking the greenie I heard a "bloop" and looking over the side I saw a shiny scale in the water, that was a very "lucky sardine" Changed out the grenback a few times, but nothing to show for it. I found redtide off of Blacks, so spent most of my morning around the pier working from 25-80 feet por nada. Full limits of serenity and solitude. I'll be back for more next Monday.

Andy
Old 09-28-2005, 02:33 PM   #2
madscientist

Seems like this chilly water has put the kibosh on the bite. May try to get out tomorrow or Fri am, but I'm not very optimistic considering the reports. Anyone hooping LJ opening night?
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 04:00 PM   #3
vellocity

Re: 9/28 north of the pier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
Full limits of serenity and solitude. I'll be back for more next Monday.

Andy
i'll take you up on your offer on Monday, dark and early!
i'll drop in on your limits of serenity and solitude, we'll start a bite and you'll babysit me on my maiden voyage!

don't you hate that when the candy bait jumps out of the tank or when they fall off the sabiki before you grab them!!
it's funny how fast we react when we see a greenie on a sabiki and how we don't share the same affection for the poor spanish macks!
those poor spanish macks deserve a tribute for all they've provide us!! they get no respect!
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 04:02 PM   #4
vellocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist
Seems like this chilly water has put the kibosh on the bite. May try to get out tomorrow or Fri am, but I'm not very optimistic considering the reports. Anyone hooping LJ opening night?
maybe your NY buddy needs to drag a Coney Island Whitefish...don't forget the trap hook!
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote