Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #1
OEX
Administrator

Malibu X-13 at OEX Pt Loma

The X-13 is at OEXPL. So far the overall consensus has been very positive on this new model. Come check it out. Should have a few demo models next week.

OEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
lamb

I stopped by the shop today to check it out... The best critic in kayak fishing world of all times was there with me - I can't wait for his review...

The boat looks pretty cool.

I was surprised how long it was. I expected shorter, with X13... But it is 13' 10'. I wonder why didn't they call it X14?!?

I like the deck layout and a huge nice back space. Love the right angles of the walls in the back, open up more rigging options. Those round inserts for rods in the back that are part of the mold will also be handy, thought that was great.

I don't know what to make out of that new bow design, the inside of the hatch area. Innovative, that's for sure.

I've got to try out how it paddles.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:59 PM   #3
45king

I stopped by OEX Sunset this afternoon and gave Andy a visit. I agree with all the good things said about the x13. This is by far the best Malibu Kayak design I have seen. I own an extreme and bought my x-factor from Andy. Im sorry to say, but all you x factor and extreme owners have to come see this new design. Blows our shit out of the water. Dumped the x factor just to pick up the new x13. Keeping the extreme for the (I dont give a shit day) bay or rocky launches. Andy thanks again for ironing out the details with the new yak.
45king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:47 PM   #4
aguachico

Hit OEX with Adi today. The x13 is sweet boat. I was skeptical a first, but after seeing the good things about the yak, I'm happy that Mailbu is moving in the right direction. The hull is right. The tankwell is really right about 38", flat usable sides. The front hatch needs to be worked out, but I don't see it as a full on huge baitank, 6 rod kinda yak.

I see the x13 as a 1-4 hour yak. Bait tube or no bait tank. Bay bass and calico fishing. Not sure how it will ride with 260# guys in it, but it will serve a lot of anglers nationwide with the cool platform.

This is a perfect ak for the minimalist yak fisherman with a small car or truck. 1-2 rods. Very lightweight. Small fishfinder and a few lures. That's it. Not a lot of storage in the yak.

Again congrats Malibu. I may padde the demo for the helluvit. I hope Malibu continues with this hull dsign and commits to the 16-17 foot yak that seroius offshore guys can benefit from.
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote