Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 10-04-2005, 10:01 AM   #1
madscientist

LJ 10/04 AM

Launched around 6:00am into 1-3ft short period surf. Got drenched and almost lost my hat (god forbid) but made it out. Little rusty after the summer ankle slappers. Went north and found sardines on something small just past the reserve line. By the pier the swell was 3-5ft. Bounced a sardine out and back, then went to the tip of scripps canyon for rocks. Got a nice one for dinenr and bounced my way home. No touches on the bottom or on flylined mac. Did manage to nail a dog with my iron. Didn't stick but scared the crap out of him. Bait is very mobile and diffuse, but its there if you look and follow birds. No chatter. Adi, were you guys out? You going tomorrow Nelz? That I might just have to see.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:08 PM   #2
lamb

Brad, we were there. Not sure how we missed ya’.

Got stuck last night so we launched late, around 7:30am. We had my buddy from Boston on board; we didn’t even try for yellers.

To resist the temptation, we only had a small cooler. I just brought my bottom rig. We picked a couple of reds at South LJ. We moved to the canyon by the reserve line for only tiny reds, then went north of the Scripps and did pretty good with ocean whitefish and reds. I finally got the keeper lingcod, 26”.

Interesting – I was measuring 65 at NW corner and north of the pier, but the surface was 67 over the canyon, west from the reserve…
Old 10-04-2005, 09:03 PM   #3
vellocity

nice Adi!

Brad- had to break my date with Andy.. believe it or not work's got me busy... it's not so painful with my ski in the shop and fishing that way it is....but i wish was out there..
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:49 AM   #4
madscientist

Cool Adi. I probably left before you guys got over there. I noticed the water seemed warmer as well. Hopefully that will bring one more spot of YT. Nelz, hope you can get out soon.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote