Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
MVC

X-Factor trade

Willing to trade less than 1 year old X-Factor for Prowler 13 or 15. 4 scotty holders, bait tank made to fit behind seat in hatch. In Orange County Please PM me if interested.
MVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
MVC

Traded Kayak for Prowler 15
Old 06-14-2008, 08:15 PM   #3
Bpcode3
Angler

which one would you recommend for someone in the market for a yak. Main concern is weight, tested and loved the X-factor, should I try the prowler big game or 15 before I buy one.

Bpcode3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:17 AM   #4
MVC

If your concern is weight you cant go wrong with the x-factor. I weigh about 175 pds, 180 on a bad day. I was looking to a kayak that would paddle a little better. My first choice would have been to trade for a Prowler 13 but no one was offering a trade for the 13. I already rolled the 15 once since I got it and lost 2 poles. That would never have happened on the x-factor.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
trob

Send a message via AIM to trob
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
If your concern is weight you cant go wrong with the x-factor. I weigh about 175 pds, 180 on a bad day. I was looking to a kayak that would paddle a little better. My first choice would have been to trade for a Prowler 13 but no one was offering a trade for the 13. I already rolled the 15 once since I got it and lost 2 poles. That would never have happened on the x-factor.

you did something wrong, the p-15 is extremely stable.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #6
MVC

The roll was completely my fault. I was in rough water at the San Diego harbor and was reaching for something at the dock and a swell just rolled me over.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:14 PM   #7
Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Willing to trade less than 1 year old X-Factor for Prowler 13 or 15. 4 scotty holders, bait tank made to fit behind seat in hatch. In Orange County Please PM me if interested.
Why did you get rid of the X-Factor?
Shawn
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:10 AM   #8
bajadog
I eats what I kills

Leashes folks... $8 to save a ~$200 setup is worth it.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:00 AM   #9
Craig jones

Tender Prowler

I disagree that a Prowler is extremely stable, I have capsized off LJ outside the kelp a couple of times which made me decide to change to an Extreme, I have never felt like it would roll over. The secondary stability of the Prowler is over rated...all I was doing was turning and looking at the tips of my poles behind me and lost balance. It is faster and probably better in the surf, but more tender, avoid high center of gravity, keep rod holders, bait tank, and any weight as low as possable.
Craig jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #10
MVC

Why did you get rid of the X-Factor?
Shawn

I just wanted a kayak that would paddle a little better and would be lighter to load on top of my F250 Pick Up.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:38 PM   #11
Siebler

The P15 is actually a pretty stable boat. I loved mine and never had a problem with stability. The only reason i got rid of it was to get a trident. If you flip it just watching your lines than you need to not be so tense on your kayak. Relax and let your hips roll with the swell. Also, keep your head over the center of your boat. Try flipping your boat with your head in the centerline... not gonna happen.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #12
trob

Send a message via AIM to trob
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboyc View Post
The P15 is actually a pretty stable boat. I loved mine and never had a problem with stability. The only reason i got rid of it was to get a trident. If you flip it just watching your lines than you need to not be so tense on your kayak. Relax and let your hips roll with the swell. Also, keep your head over the center of your boat. Try flipping your boat with your head in the centerline... not gonna happen.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #13
Dan W.

If you have some kayaking expeience, the P15 is extremely stable. Somebody with little experience might feel a bit more stable on something wider.
Dan W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #14
JrBasser

Ah, sorry that was me not CJ, my bad siebler. Quit leaving your accounts open on the shop computer!
JrBasser is offline   Reply With Quote