Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2016, 07:57 AM   #1
WARRIORMIKE

NEED HELP!!

Does anyone have a video or a PDF layout on how to replace the switch on a Hobie Bait tank?? I think mine is shot? It keeps turning off or wont turn on like its supposed to.
WARRIORMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:11 AM   #2
YakDout
Brandon

My advice is to bypass the switch and connect the wires straight to the waterproof plug. This won't be the only time in your fishing career when your switch goes kaput. It is the weakest link in the hobie bait tank. If you must get another switch at least make sure it is a good one like the cole hersee. I too replaced my switch once, it failed while on the water and told myself I didn't want to deal with it anymore. Never lookin back...
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:15 AM   #3
Hunters Pa

make sure the fault is not somewhere else in the system/wiring. Check connections for any corrosion, check the pump itself. Check the battery.

If it is the switch, changing out should be fairly easy. Just make sure you seal all connections and the replacement you get is waterproof.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:33 PM   #4
iethinker

Take Off The Hatch

Take off the full hatch assembly and you will clearly see how easy it is to either replace the switch or simply remove it from the circuit. If you don't take off the hatch, the little screw and nut for the nylon loop cable clamp will drive you insane.
iethinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:57 PM   #5
Batmann

If your bait tank is under warranty bring it in and have it replaced.

When I got my tank new I was aware of the problem and removed the switch before taking it on the water and coated it with liquid electrical tape to reduce the chances of failure. This may help of you choose to use the stock Hobie switch again.
Batmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:57 AM   #6
WARRIORMIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmann View Post
If your bait tank is under warranty bring it in and have it replaced.

When I got my tank new I was aware of the problem and removed the switch before taking it on the water and coated it with liquid electrical tape to reduce the chances of failure. This may help of you choose to use the stock Hobie switch again.

I really didn't have time for all that. My guy at work here who repairs pitching machines in our warehouse handled it. Replaced the switch. Took it out on Saturday and ran it all day. Did not have one issue at all. I'm almost La Jolla Ready!! lol
WARRIORMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:54 PM   #7
Rambo

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=26144

there you, let me know if you have any question.
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote