Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2016, 04:46 PM   #41
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Not going this year's gonna hurt...

Jim
I feel for you, Brother.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:50 PM   #42
romspacenut

Sorry Bob, can't make it out this year.
romspacenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:36 AM   #43
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Bummer.

Just Jeff and me. Meeting Paul and his wife and daughter there.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 11-10-2016, 01:37 PM   #44
Deamon

Quote:
Not going this year's gonna hurt... Jim
Ummmm....the door just swung back open!

"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:26 PM   #45
makobob
Baitless on Baja

A week from today, Buddha, Jeff, Deamon, Jim and myself will be on our way to Asuncion to spend Thanksgiving with Rossman!!! This will be year 4 for this Asuncion trip. This year we plan on fishing Asuncion Island, San Roque, punta Quebrada and Punta Eugenia. Of course that will depend on weather forcasts for those areas. Ross told me that there have been some bruisers lately. Will be good to see some old friends in Asuncion, catch fish, eat great meals and look for petrified shark teeth. Tight Lines.

WELCOME BACK Brotha. Guess I can leave the driving to you. You can drive MY truck and Jeff and I will ride. Tight Lines.

Quote:
Ummmm....the door just swung back open!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 11-13-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:23 PM   #46
makobob
Baitless on Baja

With Thanksgiving a week away things are getting hetic. Beep, beep and watch out, Jim will be driving a truck loaded for ASUNCION. From here to Gonzaga it will be almost empty, but leaving Gonzaga it will be LOADED. 3 yaks, extra diesel, water, food, 2 smoker/grills, camping and sleeping gear, plus all our fishing stuff. Then add a yak cart for Ross and two quad tires, and goodies for people in Asuncion which includes a jewelry buffer, 2 gallons outboard motor oil, fishing jigs plus two turkeys, it will leave little or NO room for clothes. BUT the extras are what make the trip so much fun. Tight lines, and will see you in December. Happy Holidays.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 11-17-2016 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:36 PM   #47
Mahigeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
With Thanksgiving a week away things are getting hetic. Beep, beep and watch out, Jim will be driving a truck loaded for ASUNCION. From here to Gonzaga it will be almost empty, but leaving Gonzaga it will be LOADED. 3 yaks, extra deisel, water, food, 2 smoker/grills, camping and sleeping gear, plus all our fishing stuff. Then add a yak cart for Ross and two quad tires, and goodies for people in Asuncion which includes a jewelry buffer, 2 gallons outboard motor oil, fishing jigs plus two turkeys, it will leave little or NO room for clothes. BUT the extras are what make the trip so much fun. Tight lines, and will see you in December. Happy Holidays.
Maybe a rental trailer should be considered. Does Luis have one to loan?

Can you use your boat trailer to carry the kayaks and other stuff? Easier to load and unload.

Just thinking out loud.

Have a safe trip anyways. It will be good to see pictures, but no one seems to take them.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 01:50 PM   #48
makobob
Baitless on Baja

I will take pictures, but do not do well getting them posted...Jim might get a few online for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
Maybe a rental trailer should be considered. Does Luis have one to loan?

Can you use your boat trailer to carry the kayaks and other stuff? Easier to load and unload.

Just thinking out loud.

Have a safe trip anyways. It will be good to see pictures, but no one seems to take them.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 11-17-2016, 03:33 PM   #49
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

No stressing allowed for the next 10 or 15 days. Whatever doesn't fit, we will make do. Yaks and fishing gear are important. The rest is just background noise. Keep it simple.

BTW Anything that Jim is in charge of lashing down.... Check his work.

Quote:
With Thanksgiving a week away things are getting hetic. Beep, beep and watch out, Jim will be driving a truck loaded for ASUNCION. From here to Gonzaga it will be almost empty, but leaving Gonzaga it will be LOADED. 3 yaks, extra deisel, water, food, 2 smoker/grills, camping and sleeping gear, plus all our fishing stuff. Then add a yak cart for Ross and two quad tires, and goodies for people in Asuncion which includes a jewelry buffer, 2 gallons outboard motor oil, fishing jigs plus two turkeys, it will leave little or NO room for clothes. BUT the extras are what make the trip so much fun. Tight lines, and will see you in December. Happy Holidays.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 04:55 PM   #50
makobob
Baitless on Baja

YES we will be looking for his camprite the whole way down. Soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
No stressing allowed for the next 10 or 15 days. Whatever doesn't fit, we will make do. Yaks and fishing gear are important. The rest is just background noise. Keep it simple.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 11-17-2016, 06:56 PM   #51
Deamon

Quote:

OMFG...thanks for the reminder Ross...besides the Kamprite that was road donated...I lost that 8' Teramar last year at Punta Asuncion...DAMMIT!!!!!

And this Saturday looking to hang with "SeeBad" at the HOW event!
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Old 11-17-2016, 07:27 PM   #52
makobob
Baitless on Baja

And all this time I thought it was "SeaBad".

Quote:
OMFG...thanks for the reminder Ross...besides the Kamprite that was road donated...I lost that 8' Teramar last year at Punta Asuncion...DAMMIT!!!!!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 11-18-2016, 02:09 AM   #53
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

And don't forget my beloved Crock Pot with road rash.

Quote:

"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Old 11-18-2016, 02:17 AM   #54
Deamon

Quote:
And all this time I thought it was "SeaBad".
Well, now you've got me thinking...Never actually seen his driver's license, only heard him called SeeBad...maybe it is SeaBad or CeeBad.

So if it's not SeeBad, can someone tell him to stop holding my arm (or shoulder) whenever we're hanging together? It's always made me feel "uncomfortable". I'm just saying...

Old 11-18-2016, 07:05 AM   #55
erinoo

Talking

If it makes you feel uncomfortable Jim, I suggest you
Get some play dough or try a coloring book, maybe go to a safe space area..
erinoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:44 AM   #56
Deamon

Quote:
And don't forget my beloved Crock Pot with road rash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinoo View Post

Old 11-18-2016, 08:49 AM   #57
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinoo View Post
Old 11-21-2016, 08:27 AM   #58
greenscales
greenscales

Want to join you guys

So - after numerous delays w/my once in a lifetime trip to take my yak and 4x4 to the tip of Baja and back, I finally got my 4Runner feeling good enough (new suspension) to make it happen, even though much later in the season thn I like, Then delayed another week w/the flu. I Had originally planned to skip Ascuncion, but w/timing what it is and remembering how much I enjoyed hanging w/you guys last year and parallel timing, I think I want to crash the party for a few days enroute (Bob - sorry I couldn't join your last group in Gonzaga - but shocks had to bet done first). So Rossman - do you have room for one more tent cot?
I am loading the truck up this AM (Monday) w/most everything and will take it up to some local mountain roads to test handling. If all goes well and if no other logistical issues pop up - want to hit the road Tues PM before LA traffic and get as far South as I can then make it the rest of the way By Wed evening. Stay for a few nights and fish for a few days with you guys - then work my way down the coast or over to the Cortez based upon weather. So if you guys are cool w/another one joining you - then let me know if there are any supplies needed from US or Ensenada I can bring and if their is a meal I can help with? Of course Ill be bringing some craft beer to share as well (Double Bastard aged in Laphroig, Bluberry Sour from Progress, and possibly fresh hopped IPAs from Port- if they arent all gone).

Bob - maybe I can hit up Gonzaga on the way back - likely arund the 13th, again weather depending. PM me if you think that might work.
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 04:17 PM   #59
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Soory just saw this but absolutely have room for ya here to set up. Hope you are able to get this whereever you are staying this evening.

Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenscales View Post
So - after numerous delays w/my once in a lifetime trip to take my yak and 4x4 to the tip of Baja and back, I finally got my 4Runner feeling good enough (new suspension) to make it happen, even though much later in the season thn I like, Then delayed another week w/the flu. I Had originally planned to skip Ascuncion, but w/timing what it is and remembering how much I enjoyed hanging w/you guys last year and parallel timing, I think I want to crash the party for a few days enroute (Bob - sorry I couldn't join your last group in Gonzaga - but shocks had to bet done first). So Rossman - do you have room for one more tent cot?
I am loading the truck up this AM (Monday) w/most everything and will take it up to some local mountain roads to test handling. If all goes well and if no other logistical issues pop up - want to hit the road Tues PM before LA traffic and get as far South as I can then make it the rest of the way By Wed evening. Stay for a few nights and fish for a few days with you guys - then work my way down the coast or over to the Cortez based upon weather. So if you guys are cool w/another one joining you - then let me know if there are any supplies needed from US or Ensenada I can bring and if their is a meal I can help with? Of course Ill be bringing some craft beer to share as well (Double Bastard aged in Laphroig, Bluberry Sour from Progress, and possibly fresh hopped IPAs from Port- if they arent all gone).

Bob - maybe I can hit up Gonzaga on the way back - likely arund the 13th, again weather depending. PM me if you think that might work.
— Herman Melville

Old 11-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #60
greenscales
greenscales

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenscales View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote