Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 10-02-2016, 07:16 AM   #1
Podaker

San Vicente

It's finally open!

Not a kayak report, but there were plenty of kayaks out.

After 8 long years the city finally opened it up, and the bass are going nuts. It's a pain in the ass to get tickets because you have to deal with ticketmaster so be prepared for that. We couldn't get tickets for last weeks opening weekend, but got in for the second weekend.

So we loaded up the wakeboard boat with boards, beer, lunch and some tackle and rods. When we arrived there was a long line just to get in but it moved along fairly quick. Our main goal was to get some nice glassy water and wakeboard in the morning before the wind got on it. It takes about 10 minutes or so to fill up our fat sacks with water so we get that huge wake that launches you in the air.

Back to fishing, we had a few minutes to fish while filling the fat sacks. less than 5 minutes I'm hooked up, slammed the senko at about 40 feet. Nice fish and fun fight on 8 pound line. Then my buddy pulls in a larger model seconds after I released my beauty. Now it's time to jump in the water so fishing got put on the back burner for now.

We all went wakeboarding and thrashed our body's so lets eat some lunch and do some fishing. We brought Mom along for the adventure and she made us some killer capicolla and turkey sandwiches. Tried to convince her to catch some fish but she was having fun just watching us slay the largemouth. Fishing was great, we saw people landing fish everywhere around the lake. We ended up with about a dozen for the boat. Not bad for the time spent. Visibility is 35 feet, super clean and clear water. Also don't be afraid to use big baits they aren't shy after not being fished for 8 years

Go get em! The lake is awesome, bring your kayak, wakeboard/fishing boat or rent a boat from the dock.
Attachment 20220
Attached Images

Last edited by Podaker; 10-02-2016 at 07:52 AM.
Podaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:26 AM   #2
battleborn

Nice, thanks for the report

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
battleborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
ultimatejay

You have to buy tickets to get on a lake and fish? What is this an amusement park? Well at least that will keep a little fishing pressure down.
ultimatejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:11 PM   #4
knightnsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatejay View Post
You have to buy tickets to get on a lake and fish? What is this an amusement park? Well at least that will keep a little fishing pressure down.
and I think it is only open weekends and Wednesdays, Gabe from this site mentioned it to me and I said Ill pass and wait for a better year on the ocean
knightnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:33 PM   #5
JeffB

It's open Thur-Mon. Monday's and Thursday's are no water contact days ( no jet skis or skiers).