Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #1
87yota4runner

So do you guys wear wet suits when you go out on the moby dick style fishing adventures? Seems like you would be freezing after a mid winter dip no matter what the attire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #2
Big T
Member, You Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87yota4runner View Post
So do you guys wear wet suits when you go out on the moby dick style fishing adventures? Seems like you would be freezing after a mid winter dip no matter what the attire.
Ah the benefits of polypropylene underwear, breathable waders with a wading belt. Any time I have concern of tipping over in rough water, I wear a belt. But yes... the initial dunk is quite frigid. Which was useful because I was kinda getting groggy out there. Woke me right up!

After a minute or so, you get used to it and the poly underwear works with you to warm you up even when wet. Till the wind picks up... then it kinda blows.
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #3
87yota4runner

Dana Point Hoopin' 3/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Ah the benefits of polypropylene underwear, breathable waders with a wading belt....After a minute or so, you get used to it and the poly underwear works with you to warm you up even when wet. Till the wind picks up... then it kinda blows.

So for poly underwear, would these work?Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393954842.333212.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  57.9 KB

I also have these laying around if that's what you meantName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393954886.662027.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  23.8 KB

Now who wants to go fishing with me? Haha

Last edited by 87yota4runner; 03-04-2014 at 11:36 AM.
87yota4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:17 PM   #4
Fishwhisperer619

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87yota4runner View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to have a spring suit that I would wear but mine got destroyed by my dog so I need to get another. Stays cool under loose clothing and regulates core body temp.
Fishwhisperer619 is offline   Reply With Quote