Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2012, 07:20 AM   #21
mtnbykr2

I was glad to see a post about this, as I have been trying all kinds of different combos, and techniques, as far as colors for bass the warbaits are great, rock fish tend to like the brighter colored heads like orange and
chartruse, the bass tend to like the reds and browns, I am now kinda workin the Warbaits more now with alittle more success, but when we start back up on the rock fish, I think I will still work the WB as they aren't getting hung up as bad...thanks for sharing all the info and opinions,
Old 02-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #22
fishsouthcounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
My wife hates me "stocking up" on tackle. Her favorite line is "dont you aleady have that?" So I biy my swimbaits in hand fulls every time I pass the tackle shop and slip it into my daily purchases!
tell her you hate it when she stocks up on shoes and to back off! haha just kidding im not married so i dont know what im talking about. Need to find yourself a good hiding place.
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #23
Iebadboy

We're do u guys like to buy your gear from like the war baits and everything???
Iebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #24
mtnbykr2

You can get em at your local tackle shop if they are half way decent, but Fred Hall is next month, so save up some money, someone said they should have some discounts, although I have not seen many big discounts on tackle there, but I still go to see all the goodies that everybody has...
Old 02-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #25
fishsouthcounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iebadboy View Post
We're do u guys like to buy your gear from like the war baits and everything???
Personally I buy most of my gear from Hogan's Bait and Tackle in Dana Point. Super friendly and knowledgeable people with pretty much everything youll need for local inshore fishing. They carry a pretty solid selection of the different colors and sizes as well as the skirted heads and separate skirts you can add to any unskirted head. Plus they also have a pretty good selection of a few diff brands of plastics. Plus its the closest thing to home for me.

It all relative. Finding a shop close to you that has what you need at a fair cost and good service. Or maybe on your next trip to the ocean check out some of the shops not in your immediate area and just hit it everytime you put the yak in at the beach.
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #26
TJones

shame on you

William
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #27
Siebler

You need the Tenacious Baits Wedless swimbaits. They are WAY more weedless than anything youll find elsewhere.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote