Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
fishingadam95
Junior

choosing a kayak

i want to start kayak fishing. i am thinking about getting either a malibu stealth 14 or a hobie mirage. which would be a better kayak and what are the pros/cons of each
fishingadam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
Siebler

Without additional information such as your weight, height, Primary type of fishing, and what is important to you in means of rigging options Nobody can give you an accurate answer. Also Which Hobie Mirage are you looking at? What is your Budget?

Im Sure youll get the "Hobies are the only way to go" but without knowing more about you these answers are worthless.

So a little more information and maybe we can suggest a kayak for you, perhaps even one that you didnt list.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:06 AM   #3
fishingadam95
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
Without additional information such as your weight, height, Primary type of fishing, and what is important to you in means of rigging options Nobody can give you an accurate answer. Also Which Hobie Mirage are you looking at? What is your Budget?

Im Sure youll get the "Hobies are the only way to go" but without knowing more about you these answers are worthless.

So a little more information and maybe we can suggest a kayak for you, perhaps even one that you didnt list.
i am 5'10 150lbs. i will be fishing on the chesapeake bay doing trolling,casting,jigging an fly fishing.i plan to rig it with 4-5 rod holders, livewell,small cooler,gaff holder. i was looking at the hobie mirage revolution. my budget is under 2500 for a fully rigged kayak
fishingadam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
KennyHill

pro angler!
KennyHill is offline   Reply With Quote