Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #21
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Fear is the step to the darkside.

If i am the only out there for miles, THERE IS NO REASON TO SNEAK INTO MY TRAPS, and LOOK IN SIDE MY HOOPNET. I CAN YOU THE DIVERS LIGHT LOOKING IN MY TRAPS!!!

I litterally saw this boat put his trap XX degrees in the water. The boater left, then after 30 mins this diver jump off this other boat and go straight to his hoopnet, then come back to his boat and leave with lobster in his hand.

Let just stay he is lucky that was not my hoopnet.

Just not right.

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
Old 10-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #22
bellcon

DAMN!
Maiming or killing a diver because you think he's poaching your nets?

Raining bricks, rocks, hooks and sinkers down on them to teach em a lesson?
If the diver isn't killed you better be ready for the confrontation of your life when he surfaces.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #23
wiredantz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellcon View Post
DAMN!
Maiming or killing a diver because you think he's poaching your nets?

Raining bricks, rocks, hooks and sinkers down on them to teach em a lesson?
If the diver isn't killed you better be ready for the confrontation of your life when he surfaces.

remeber what happen to Wade last year, when the diver cut the rope from his hoopnet.

Its a war out there i tell you.

You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
Old 10-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #24
bellcon

Frank Frank Frank
I will leave you with this

I bet your God would be a whole lot more upset if you hurt a diver,
than He would say, if you entered a little kayak fishing tournament.

God: FRANK YOU KILLED A DIVER!
Frank:Um yeah God, but, but, he was going to steal my bug , I just know it! oh and at least I have never entered one of those evil kayak fishing / gambling tournaments.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #25
cabojohn
PROBATION

WOW- talk of injuring another fisherman / diver because you think he is invading your nets is fucking pathetic.
Shame on you for posting shit like this.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #26
Cbad Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post
I will be carrying 8 bricks tonight, if i see light on my hoopnet, this bricks will be comming down.

There is no reason for any diver to be going to hoopnet to hoopnet jacking our stuff.

ANd im also bring my my bibi gun.

not like anyone here would steal from my hoopnet, just was frustraed last night, after that diver was going through our net with his light and shut down the bite

Where were you Sunday night?
http://www.cbs8.com/story/19683322/d...in-mission-bay
Old 10-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #27
wiredantz

Quote:
Frank Frank Frank

Frank:Um yeah God, but, but, he was going to steal my bug , I just know it! oh and at least I have never entered one of those evil kayak fishing / gambling tournaments.

.... Fear goes a long way ....

My X-factor is already heavy enough, i got no room for bricks in my kayak with all my crabs and lobster.

There is only one way to deal with this... Nacho Libre Style.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #28
wiredantz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbad Mike View Post

Don't look at me....

I had 7 witnesses, last night while we were kayaking far far far far away from san diego.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #29
steveooo

All this internet tough-guy talk about hurting guys over a few silly lobster? Id say that 2 things pretty high on my priority list when I go fishing are:

1) Don't get hurt- Make sure I come home safely to my family.
2) Don't hurt anybody else- Make sure they come home safely to their family.

Maybe the 2nd one isn't something that I actually think about when fishing, but its got to rank pretty high in the realm of just being a decent human being, right?

Do you remember this post, where I actually had a little faith restored in humanity, and the BWE kayak community?

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=14807

Now you guys are all ready to grab torches and pitchforks and start lobbing bricks and jigs at people underwater? I certainly hope you guys don't need lobster that bad.

Plus, I'm allergic to lobster, so I think its gross
Old 10-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #30
wiredantz

I will toss my brick tossing i dea aside, and going with the jumping in the water and DOn't touch my hoopnet

Old 10-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #31
thien

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveooo View Post
All this internet tough-guy talk about hurting guys over a few silly lobster? Id say that 2 things pretty high on my priority list when I go fishing are:

Maybe the 2nd one isn't something that I actually think about when fishing, but its got to rank pretty high in the realm of just being a decent human being, right?

Do you remember this post, where I actually had a little faith restored in humanity, and the BWE kayak community?

Now you guys are all ready to grab torches and pitchforks and start lobbing bricks and jigs at people underwater? I certainly hope you guys don't need lobster that bad.

x2. Good on you Steve. All this peacocking over bugs. Let them know what's up and move on. Talk is cheap, doubt anyone would actually drop a brick or iron on a diver, if you do for the sake of a lobster....you're probably more of an idiot.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #32
Drake

I agree with steve. You don't realize how much more of an advantage an experienced diver has over you in the water.

Cool, you're going to drop a brick down. It'll hit him and he won't even feel it because the water will slow it down so much.

You're going to bury hooks in him? That'll hurt, but 99% of divers carry a knife. He'll just your line off, and toss your boat. If that leads to a fight, who do you think is more prepared to fight in the water? A diver...or a guy who sits on Tupperware all day.

90% chance you have a PFD on. He doesn't, he can get away from you much easier than you can get away him him.

In ancient Japan, the biggest weakness against them was horse mounted soldiers. So you know what they did? They learned to dismount the soldiers and fight them on the ground. You're the horse mounted soldier, the diver is the samurai. When you go in the water, and trust me, you will. You're in their world now.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #33
thien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I agree with steve. You don't realize how much more of an advantage an experienced diver has over you in the water.

Cool, you're going to drop a brick down. It'll hit him and he won't even feel it because the water will slow it down so much.

You're going to bury hooks in him? That'll hurt, but 99% of divers carry a knife. He'll just your line off, and toss your boat. If that leads to a fight, who do you think is more prepared to fight in the water? A diver...or a guy who sits on Tupperware all day.

90% chance you have a PFD on. He doesn't, he can get away from you much easier than you can get away him him.

In ancient Japan, the biggest weakness against them was horse mounted soldiers. So you know what they did? They learned to dismount the soldiers and fight them on the ground. You're the horse mounted soldier, the diver is the samurai. When you go in the water, and trust me, you will. You're in their world now.
That brick is like a slow motion shot from the Matrix, however in the water you might have an advantage if you wear stretchy pants.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #34
roadx

Quote:
Frank Frank Frank

eye for an eye my god see's no difference in stealing and pain
Old 10-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #35
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggermike View Post
First off, poaching any thing from any one is wrong. I used to free dive for bugs often befor this hoop netting mania was so big. I have hooped off yaks and skiffs as well but I still see a diver's side of things. The territorial BS from hoopers is crazy. To have your 5 hoops spread over a foot ball field sized area and concider it yours is crazy. Its the same between hoopers and hoopers. Mike
Understood, but it's when they are RIGHT ON TOP of your net, that it becomes intrusive and wrong.
In between those 5 nets on a 50 to 100 yard wide spread is plenty (more than my nets consume) of open water where they can hunt without coming near your net, or worse right on top of it. I've seen divers do this repeatedly, and deny it, when it is absolutely clear they were at your net. It's dark down there, but they have a light and should be able to see when they are within 20 feet of your net, as I can see them 20 feet below me.
Aaron
Old 10-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #36
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveooo View Post

Steve, I tend to agree with you on just about every topic, I even do here. But, one point should be added, let's call it #3

3) Don't steal ANYTHING from any of the other sporting people anywhere, or just don't steal at all.

Divers who check nets, are not only disrupting a crawl that may reward a kayak hoopster for all of his/her hard work, but how about the divers being decent human beings too, and stay at least 10 feet away from our nets? They certainly can cover much more bottom than we can.

No, I don't need lobster so bad that I have to injure somebody. But, do they need lobster so bad that they have to poach?

I've not seen kayak hoopsters hurt anyone, but I've definitely seen divers go directly to nets (mine and others), and who knows what they are really doing there? Definitely spooking lobsters close by my net. Poaching, aye, maybe that too.

Respect for each other is the way to go, but not all divers get that message. Some kayakers don't either, but that is usually in regards to areas other than poaching one's bugs.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #37
wiredantz

yeah, i can imagine 10million things.

but it comes down to...

its just plain wrong to steal...
ive seen diver do it... i heard divers say they have done it....

and its just not right... to steal.... but they do it?

yes i have friends who dive who are honest, but i know divers who are wrong and dirty....

THIS IS ONGOING WAR: Even across the world!!!

the biggest problem, Parisi said, has been divers stealing lobsters right out of his traps.
Parisi said he once put out 100 traps, and when he pulled them up a few days later, 67 of the traps had open doors. This is something a fish could never do considering the doors on the top of the wired, metal traps are bound by tightly-strapped bungee cords.
Besides catching lobsters, crabs, sea stars and the occasional fish in his traps, Parisi said he has pulled up diving gloves and a flashlight. He knows another lobsterman whose catch once yielded an expensive watch and dive knife.
He said every summer he sees a few divers walking up on shore or climbing back into their boats with a bag stuffed full of lobsters.
"You can pretty much tell when a diver gets out of the water with a bag with 25 lobsters, you can tell they aren't getting them legally," he said. "We're pulling 100 traps and getting maybe 10 lobsters. They're coming up with 30. They ruin it for everybody."
Parisi said he has called the game wardens on more than one occasion to report suspicious behavior from divers, like when he sees bag after bag of lobsters being loaded into divers' boats, or when he is pulling traps and bubbles from the divers are directly below and preceding him along his string of traps. Sometimes the divers are arrested for harvesting undersized and pregnant lobsters, Parisi said. More often than not, though, the divers are out of the water and driving away by the time law enforcement officials have arrived.
But Parisi insists it is only a few bad apples who spoil diving for everyone else.

http://www.scuba-newengland.com/News....asp?NewsID=41

Old 10-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #38
Dannowar

I saw two divers over the 5 hours and mile of coastline I covered last night. They were both divin outside a very heavy shore break and I was about 50 yards out catching my fair share with no problems whatsoever. All this tough guy talk isn't about the lobster. It's about the lack of respect. if something isn't said or done, crap like divers pickin out of nets will happen all the time.

I have no problems sharing the ocean, but don't try some bullshit on the night my wife actually let me out. I have more experience IN the water than on top of it. I'm a samurai on a horse.

That being said, I'm a pacifist.

I WILL PASS A FIST to anyone who farks with my dinner.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #39
Dannowar

to keep it light hearted...
Old 10-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #40
jorluivil

Why are you guys arguing with Frank? He wouldn't hurt a fly.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
Closed Thread