Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #41
radastaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by thien View Post
x2. Good on you Steve. All this peacocking over bugs. Let them know what's up and move on. Talk is cheap, doubt anyone would actually drop a brick or iron on a diver, if you do for the sake of a lobster....you're probably more of an idiot.

i was half joking bout my 7x

but it cerainly aint cool
the poaching aspect that is

i would just move prob
or board the dive boat
if it happened again after a move

but would never be in that postion
dont like them alien bugs
nohow

and Frank is really a good guy
just pissed off

you would think
fellow watermen (and waterwomen)
would show each other respect
even when times are tough

Last edited by radastaff; 10-01-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #42
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveooo View Post
Now you guys are all ready to grab torches and pitchforks and start lobbing bricks and jigs at people underwater? I certainly hope you guys don't need lobster that bad.

Plus, I'm allergic to lobster, so I think its gross
Agreed...at one point, divers and yakkers were united, and as was said, there's always a few bad apples.

Maybe it's different in my neck of the woods, but real divers don't need to resort to that, personally they should be looking under crevices cuz that's where the good ones are. I have seen lights shine towards my nets, and the lights' angles go away from my nets, common respect and courtesy. Besides, if you ever dove, you know that bugs get that deer in the headlights look when you shine a light in their eyes.

Sounds like you're dealing with a--holes.

Good apples and bad apples, I have actually paddled back out to help a diver who lost his dive buddy...if they are poaching your nets, paddle in and meet them on the beach. Simple.

Steveooo, when ya wanna go hoopin'?

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Old 10-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #43
jorluivil

Frank, I think I might have figured out who's been stealing your bugs

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #44
Hypnofish
Junior

I rarely comment on these types of post. However, this is a disgusting and ignorant posting. Anyone who has ever dove (day or night) realizes that many times you are just swimming along and will run into a lobster trap or hoop net. It really does just happen.
There is NO excuse for poaching, but just because there are some lights by your net does NOT mean that a diver is poaching.

The idea that someone might intentionally send down some hooks to try and snag a diver is one of the most offensive things ever posted here. Lets just stick a treble hook into a divers neck and let him bleed out in the ocean AT NIGHT! Not like that might attract some predators.

Other comments about getting into the water with a diver to show him how manly you are is also ignorant. Not to mention that some divers bring spearguns with them (yes, at night too).

I really hope nobody reads this thread and thinks that any of these are good ideas.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:03 AM   #45
Fiskadoro

A number of years back I was hooping channel islands breakwall. There was a ripping current out of the south and it was a slow night. I had maybe one legal. Some divers got in about the middle of the breakwall and I watched their lights come all the way down right through my nets.

I'll be honest I was pissed, and when one of the guys came up in my nets I verbally let him have it. He apologized and actually offered me a few bugs. I didn't except them (it's illegal) but we did talk for a while and he told me the bugs were right in the rocks for the most part and that the only ones he saw near my nets were ones they had chased out from the breakwall. He then suggested I set my nets closer to the wall, and drifted on down to their support boat. Turns out I did not have to move my nets. The next set I pulled three legals including a five pounder. My take to this day is those bugs ended up in my nets because the scared them out deeper off the breakwall.

Since then I usually take a wait and see approach. I've certainly caught more bugs staking out a good area and waiting them out then any other way. Divers come and go but they are not in your nets very long. The only exception are divers who drive right up anchor near you and then intentionally dive your nets. F-them they are jerks. When this happens I pull my nets immediately before the can get to them. Nothing pisses them off more then seeing your nets going up before they can reach them. I then wait them out and put the nets back down when they leave.

Honestly with all the shit that goes on down there it's hard to tell what the final results going to be anyway. Sometimes like in the story above I think divers actually help hooping because since they work the rocks they get bugs moving.

Dropping rocks or bricks on divers is to put it bluntly a stupid idea. Your not going to hurt them and they will just dump them in your nets anyway.

Jim
Old 10-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #46
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

last night, only one out there....

If this happens to me, It will happen to you.

zodiac drive straight to me, dive right at my hoopnet..... 3 guys (1 driver 2 divers)

"no words were exchanged" " i had visions, of shooting them with a nuclear missile and sending them to the moon"

and its not like i had them far apart, i had them close together.

All you people critizing not to hurt divers, and how we should not handle this problem. Not like i would, but its fun thinking about it.

Let me know how you would deal with this problem?

I am not talking about the divers who by accident just end up at your hoopnet, or who drift away, or the wall is packed and the diver has no choice.

We are talking about INTENTIONAL ACTIONS. PREMEDItATED.

I am talking about the bad apples, who pop out there head and swim directly to hoop net to hoop net, and who jump and dive directly by your hoopnet, while your the only there for MILES.

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it

Last edited by wiredantz; 10-02-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #47
ful-rac
Emperor

Don't worry everybody Frank isn't going to beat up anybody soon. So don't call the FBI just yet. But if you meet him in that starwars game BS he plays he might chop your head off!

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about divers. If they dive on our hoops, and scare away all of the potential lobsters we can catch....then well I guess it's going to be a wasted night.

It's a shame that all the money we spend on hooping.....from our kayaks, many trips to the hardware store, to bait, gas, food, parking, lobster cards.....hours putting it all together, going to semenars....time spent on the freeway....leave work early....cutting bait...time away from family.....Can all be wasted by a single diver that dosen't give a Fu#K!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #48
tehburninator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Don't worry everybody Frank isn't going to beat up anybody soon. So don't call the FBI just yet. But if you meet him in that starwars game BS he plays he might chop your head off!

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about divers. If they dive on our hoops, and scare away all of the potential lobsters we can catch....then well I guess it's going to be a wasted night.

It's a shame that all the money we spend on hooping.....from our kayaks, many trips to the hardware store, to bait, gas, food, parking, lobster cards.....hours putting it all together, going to semenars....time spent on the freeway....leave work early....cutting bait...time away from family.....Can all be wasted by a single diver that dosen't give a Fu#K!
well... i generally dont believe too much in karma... but what i know is that things tend to work themselves out to the way of life... if that fucker is stealing your lovely little bugs...... he sure sucks balls..

but... maybe... hopefully.... some other douche is going to one up him and steal his lovely little lady... or boat..... or car... or something more precious to him.... from his home!!! or in his bed!!! for him to watch!!! taped over his wedding video or something awesome like that.... one can only wish.... but you never know it could happen, or maybe he'll eat that lobster, choke on that summa beetch and croak! if the world was a perfect place...

i would feel the same way if someone were fuxing with me..... as a matter of fact... i get road rage alot... my lady hits me all the time because i start screaming at the top of my lungs at douches... it gets my anger out.... and keeps me from running thier truck over with my car... keeps me alive to vent =) so vent vent vent... but dont do anything that might start an incident... esp on the water...

just have some wishful thinking lined up =)
Old 10-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #49
OutdoorAdvntr

damn divers... not to mention they probably pee right next to your hoopnets!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #50
OutdoorAdvntr

make sure to sanitize your lobster after catching them... if you see any divers get close to your hoopnets
Old 10-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #51
oneyedeer

gonna train me some sharks with lasers if I can't get them then bass with lasers should work

-in all honesty can't you just call the coast guard or dfg?
Old 10-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #52
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post
last night, only one out there....zodiac drive straight to me, dive right at my hoopnet..... Let me know how you would deal with this problem? We are talking about INTENTIONAL ACTIONS. PREMEDItATED. I am talking about the bad apples, who pop out there head and swim directly to hoop net to hoop net, and who jump and dive directly by your hoopnet, while your the only there for MILES.
I already told you what I would do Frank. As soon I saw them coming I'd paddle over to the net closest to them and pull it, and then I'd pull every net they moved towards before they got to it specifically so they couldn't check them before I did. Fresh checked nets have no bugs. You don't even have to pull them out, just drop them back down. It's not like they will find bugs in nets you have just checked.

Once I checked all my nets I'd then paddle over to the boat and tell them flat out I do not appreciate them diving my nets, and that any time they tried to so in the future I'd do everything I could to check them all before they got to them. I'd also tell them that I'm recording their CF number and if they continue to pull this shit I'm going to report them.

What they are doing is technically illegal as they are interfering with your legal right to hoopnet:

" California Fish and Game Code Section 2009

(a) A person shall not willfully interfere with the participation of any individual in the lawful activity of shooting, hunting, fishing, falconry, hunting dog field trials, hunting dog training, or trapping at the location where that activity is taking place. (b) A violation of this section is punishable pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 12000. (c) Any person convicted for a violation of this section that occurred within two years of a prior violation of this section which resulted in a conviction is guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not more than one year, by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars ($100) and not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both imprisonment and fine...."

People do all kinds of crazy shit out there. I had a friend that actually made net decoys for hooping a local breakwater. Just ropes with lighted milk jug floats and little rebar anchors he made. He'd deploy half a dozen of them on each end of his sets then when divers tried to dive them he'd check his real nets before they could while they were looking for the fake nets. This also created a buffer area between him and other hoopnetters as people didn't usually drop their nets in the fake decoy nets. That may seem over the top but he said it worked for him.

I'm just saying use your head. One thing that won't work is dropping rocks on them because they will just put them in your nets.

I'd say keep an eye out for them, check your nets before they get to them, record their CF numbers, and tell them to stop it, or your going to report them to the DFG.

That's what I do, and it works for me.

Jim
Old 10-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #53
OutdoorAdvntr

in seriousness, it's unbelievable how the so called divers do these illegal activities in front of the hoopnet owners.. if it's inside your hoop it's yours and what they are doing is stealing! there should be a law that prohibit the divers to get too close to other's hoop about 50 meters.. DFG needs to be in the water
Old 10-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #54
tehburninator

i am intrigued by this idea of laser equipped sharks and bass...... i'd like to know how to train a bat ray to do a scorpion pose into the divers weenies please..... please PM me immediately with this information... though i have no security tokens or keys... i will gladly pay in hugs and love =)
Old 10-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #55
oneyedeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyedeer View Post
gonna train me some sharks with lasers if I can't get them then bass with lasers should work

-in all honesty can't you just call the coast guard or dfg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehburninator View Post
i am intrigued by this idea of laser equipped sharks and bass...... i'd like to know how to train a bat ray to do a scorpion pose into the divers weenies please..... please PM me immediately with this information... though i have no security tokens or keys... i will gladly pay in hugs and love =)
you have to pm Dr.Evil for the tutorial
Old 10-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #56
Old Man in the Sea

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Man in the Sea
lobsters , only lobsters....

This is a perfect example of a thread that should be deleted .....Otherwise.....maybe you should attend the funeral of the lobster diver and console his wife and kids...and be grateful you didn't follow through some dumb idea...
Old 10-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #57
wiredantz

Brilliant ideas come from trail and error.

Soon to be invented,

Dummies guide

On teaching
Lobster Trap Etiquette

My next invention, Kayak Canons!

But i will do what Jim day says, take note of the CF number and report them and confront them that its not cool to steal from the nacho man.

its a dirty world we live in

You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it

Last edited by wiredantz; 10-02-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #58
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Lightbulb

paintball marker!!!
even in a wetsuit it still hurts.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

Old 10-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #59
jorluivil

Why is this thread still open?

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
Old 10-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #60
wiredantz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Why is this thread still open?

Political warfare?

Everyone been there, kayakers who hoopnet have felt the way I felt.

Divers have their side.

I got nothing more to add, i already expressed how i felt about it.

its a good vent tool

Closed Thread