Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 07-25-2016, 09:08 AM   #21
chris138
donkey roper

nice meeting you guys. that was an interesting paddle in lol
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:49 AM   #22
katchfish
Paddle for Mahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
Top picture only works if you time the flip with the Green Flash...
The top picture only works if you drink a lot of Greenflash!😜
katchfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:16 AM   #23
Fishin Phil

For all of the effort you are putting in to get out there why not bring a popper? If they hit the popper they will choke on it trying to swallow it. This will give you a chance of the trophy size tuna. 65 lb. minimum.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:27 PM   #24
pingpangdang

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggermike View Post
Pingpang, that's an amazing video. That kage works well, but damn, fish that big deserve a break away harpoon with a float.
Most of you guys are way better fishermen than me....stoked on your passion to fish. Best of luck to all and be safe so the kayak haterz don't start putting regulations on where we can go or fish due to someones misfortune.

I saw a post on Bd I believe of a guy up north who headed out pretty far alone....ended up hooking a thresher and got towed. Had comms with friend via cell but reception got fuzzy. Ended up calling the tower and had to get a boat sent out to rescue him and his catch. Not cool.

Some of you are beasts and seasoned vets who could pull it off....some others jumping on the bandwagon probably just graduated from the bay, caught a yellow and now think they are ready. Just be safe, come home safely and represent the plastic fleet so we can enjoy fishing in open water for many years.
pingpangdang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:11 AM   #25
maquinapescado

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
nice meeting you guys. that was an interesting paddle in lol
Nice to meet you too. You are in beast mode going traditional paddling and not pedaling. I remember telling you, "That was like a 24 mile day if you include going into that wind." Turned out we actually did 29 miles with all the trolling and running around out there. So add that f**ked head wind and it was a pretty boss day. Hopefully Todd posts our route. He might not and I don't blame him, he has all the hot rock fish spots on his chart plotter.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:38 AM   #26
2-Stix

Quote:
Originally Posted by maquinapescado View Post
Nice to meet you too. You are in beast mode going traditional paddling and not pedaling. I remember telling you, "That was like a 24 mile day if you include going into that wind." Turned out we actually did 29 miles with all the trolling and running around out there. So add that f**ked head wind and it was a pretty boss day. Hopefully Todd posts our route. He might not and I don't blame him, he has all the hot rock fish spots on his chart plotter.
Thats a monster day. I have done some 10-12 mile days, but thats a monster. Bitchen.
2-Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:43 AM   #27
smokie

Man, thats some serious work, 20+ miles. After a 10-12 mile round trip, I'm usually toast!

Nice try on the tuna, you socal dudes have it good with access to tuna grounds within somewhat reasonable kayak distance. Super jealous.
smokie is offline   Reply With Quote