Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2010, 07:28 AM   #1
fishdude

Tuesday 4/20 report

I would love to report something but it was not much.

Hey I can make bait, FUUUUDGE, only thing is I didn't say Fudge, what Movie, anyways got it bad no yellows and no whites.
Crazy day never the less for alot of guys.

So lets get this thing going.

Wake up late, hit the alarm and must have turned it off, whoops. Get out around 7:30 and I already see the happy paddle good for you whoever that was. Then I am making my track out and I run into another guy, Ratdog I believe was the mans name, nice guy, monster white in his lap, needs a photo so I take a water shot. He gives me the info and low down, which is what I thought, thanks ratdog for the heads up. Nice . On my way out I run into another guy, Twitchey I believe was this man's name, nice guy, monster white in his lap, needs a photo so I take a water shot. He give me the info and low down, which is what I thought and know from the ratdog, thanks twitchey for the heads up. Nice .
You see where I am going, good. I will let twitchey give the story because it is a good one, the guy fought that beast for, stop it, let twitchey tell the story, ok.
Anyways, doing everything I need to and no love. Then along comes Richard around 10:30 or so, super nice guy buy the way. Within 30 min or so he hooks up, blah blah blah, man it stinks around here what is that smell, crap its me I stink, I'm sensing a tail and a white strip down my back and arse.
I must say the day was a total loss, 1 fat ass calico, caught and released, 1 cuda caught and released, 1 pelican caught, I thought about he looked pretty tasty, off course released and my whopper of the day, a 40 foot Buddy Davis as it went flying right buy me hook my line. I tried and tried but I could not catch that one because you know I would bagged that toad and keeped it, oh well.
10 hours on the water and that's it. Oh almost forgot the two yellows that did not stick, both macs were flattend and the circle hooks did not stick, hook got kind of hooked back into the bait and the point was not exposed to hook into the fishes mouth, TWICE, OOUCH.
Got back in and see this guy get his car and trailer stuck in the sand and with alot of help from the rest of the yak navy and my truck we manage to get this poor bastard out before he loses his truck. Maybe good future fish karma
I hope the pics come out for Ratdog and Twitchey. It was great to finally meet some of you guys out there, I rarely get out, but am hoping to change some of that this year. I hope toget out next week for the big 40 b day. All the best to all, tight lines and see next monday and or tuesday.
Attached Images

fishdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
fishdude

After reading my own stuff I realize a few whoops, the day was NOT a total loss, it WAS a good day, I hope to see you guys again and fish with you again, Richard congrats on you fish, really nice fish with you. Thanks for the encouragement. OH yeah anyone feel like going next week, Monday or Tuesday let me know.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:39 AM   #3
DENNYh

Keep at it dude you'll get your just like 'Itchy' and 'scratchy'
DENNYh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
Dennis

Thanks for the report. You'll get yours soon enough. I tried to keep up the tradition of a birthday yellow, but I haven't been getting out much. Hope you get a bday biscuit this year!
-D
Old 04-21-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
ratdog

Thanks for the picture Fishdude, You will definitely get yours very soon.
ratdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:22 AM   #6
GunWall Flint
Junior

monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdude View Post
After reading my own stuff I realize a few whoops, the day was NOT a total loss, it WAS a good day, I hope to see you guys again and fish with you again, Richard congrats on you fish, really nice fish with you. Thanks for the encouragement. OH yeah anyone feel like going next week, Monday or Tuesday let me know.

Nice catch! 2 years into fishing la jolla i still havnt popped my WSB cherry!

Ill will be out there monday to try my luck again,should be lanching at dark:30 last weds on the new moon was an epic day. popped my yellow tail cherry X4
wish i could fish the full moon next week silly work is in the way.!

Last edited by GunWall Flint; 04-21-2010 at 09:06 AM.
GunWall Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:12 AM   #7
blitzburgh

Keep at it man. Nice report!
blitzburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #8
dfroggy54
Rolly

It was nice to meet you on the water, wasnt setup to fish that day(which to me was almost sacriligious-had to take my uncle out for his first LJ launch) which is killer after hearing Richard hooked up too! Youll get that very soon. Ill be out there Monday, see you there.
dfroggy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:19 AM   #9
fishdude

Right on froggy nice to meet you too. I will be out there Monday as well to try again, always celebrate b-day on the water and can not think of a better place than La Jolla to celecrate the 40th.
Take care.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:08 AM   #10
Stoneale
Banned

A nice fish.. for a very nice day!
Stoneale is offline   Reply With Quote