Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2022, 06:19 AM   #1
JohnMckroidJr

Soy Ginger Tuna

Last week, I was fortunate enough to catch my first Jumbo Blackfin of the SE Florida spring migration.

After Bleeding and gutting on the water, It was taken home for filleting. My neighbor used the head and carcass for soup stock. In her culture, the eyeballs are a delicacy. One of my favorite cooking methods is seared. This time I used Town and Countries recipe as a guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL60afeN-pA

Being a huge ginger/garlic fan, I doubled the amount of garlic and tripled the amount of ginger from what was recommended. I also used Avocado oil instead of Canola as Canola is known to cause inflammation for some.

I love this stuff.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 03:27 AM   #2
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Great John 👍

Why would you ever want to go somewhere else, when you can catch tuna like that, unless you wanted a cow 🐄 with more mercury content 🤔
I'm going to try that recipe next time I get some
yellowfin
Thanks for sharing 👍
Old 04-08-2022, 04:02 AM   #3
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHELL View Post
Why would you ever want to go somewhere else, when you can catch tuna like that, unless you wanted a cow 🐄 with more mercury content 🤔
I'm going to try that recipe next time I get some
yellowfin
Thanks for sharing 👍
Hey Mitch, We have 5-800lb class Bluefin migrating through every spring on their way into the Gulf of Mexico where they spawn. It's a rare sight, and once in a while a sportfishing boat will reel one in alongside, but they are off-limits for harvesting. There are even a few videos of them in as little as 10ft of water down in the keys. My best shot at a megadose of mercury would be to go out for swordfish. So far only one has been harvested off a kayak in SE Florida and it was with major boat assistance.

I would love to see a kayaker on the West Coast land a cow tuna. Who is up for it?
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 04:51 PM   #4
TightLine
Junior

Waao! Thats a great catch. Looks like you had a feast also
TightLine is offline   Reply With Quote