Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 04-25-2017, 08:37 PM   #21
Sivak

Bob, I am in +1 May 26th thru the 30th

Looking forward to another stellar trip.
Sivak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:43 AM   #22
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
WOW

Looks like a full house, is anyone besides Stevie951 going to meet me at Johnnys? Guys you need to team up with someone on the list to do dinner for a night. Otherwise we will wind up with too much food and some will be waisted. Thanks and remember I am out of towm starting 29th until the 13th. Tight Lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:02 AM   #23
WestFork

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Looks like a full house, is anyone besides Stevie951 going to meet me at Johnnys? Guys you need to team up with someone on the list to do dinner for a night. Otherwise we will wind up with too much food and some will be waisted. Thanks and remember I am out of town starting 29th until the 13th. Tight Lines.
I've been having the same thought about an evening meal. I like cooking if there's someone who'd like to, also, message me, please.
Bob, not sure where I'll hook up, but I'll know by the time you come back. It will either be there or in Calexico.
WestFork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:05 AM   #24
Baja_Traveler

I can team up for a dinner the night of the 27th or 28th - the days I know I can be there. When I arrive and leave will be up to my work testing schedule which I will not know until the week of, maybe the week before if I'm lucky.
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:44 AM   #25
battleborn

Tom and i will already be in town so we could take first meal on the 24th

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
battleborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:57 PM   #26
MrPukaShell

Sounds like a great time count me in. Paul want to do dinner at the restaurant? I will pick up the meat. Let me know.
MrPukaShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:47 PM   #27
battleborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPukaShell View Post
Sounds like a great time count me in. Paul want to do dinner at the restaurant? I will pick up the meat. Let me know.
Anyone know exactly how that works? Just bring in some meat and they whip it up just pay the price per head. I mean that sounds like a really great deal! BTW anyone have gps cords to bobs place. Read the directions but since its the first time there just want to be extra sure. Working on the mex auto insurance. Any other tips for the trip?
battleborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:06 PM   #28
Mahigeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battleborn View Post
Anyone know exactly how that works? Just bring in some meat and they whip it up just pay the price per head. I mean that sounds like a really great deal! BTW anyone have gps cords to bobs place. Read the directions but since its the first time there just want to be extra sure. Working on the mex auto insurance. Any other tips for the trip?
I recommend reading my old posts here. Including my famous list.

I should have the coordinates in my Garmin. I will post it later, if I can figure how to retrieve it.

Main point is not to pass KM134 sign on the highway. Look for a big horizontal water tank on left and make a left turn to a dirt road.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:34 PM   #29
Mahigeer

This is what I found in the link below:
http://www.gps-coordinates.net/

Unnamed Road, Baja California, Mexico
Latitude: 29.908716 | Longitude: -114.461044
Old 05-03-2017, 06:19 AM   #30
Baja_Traveler

Of course, it you travel down with one of the groups it will be easy to find the place.

Puka Shell - the more I use that Honey from the San Felipe Honey Man, the more awesome it tastes. I'll have to agree with my original source - it is definitely the best honey I've ever had, so don't forget to stop in.

West Fork and I are teaming up for dinner on the 28th - 11 hour smoked pulled pork and slaw again. It worked really well last time, so I think its worth doing again.
We'll make enough pulled pork so there is plenty of leftovers - the restaurant will put it in their Machaca the next morning for breakfast - it tastes awesome.
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:55 AM   #31
farreola

Bob I plan on leaving on the 26th after I get out of work...so that should put me at the camp at around 7pm. I plan to come back on the 30th, so if there is anyone that wants to team up for a cooking day, let me know.
farreola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #32
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by farreola View Post
Bob I plan on leaving on the 26th after I get out of work...so that should put me at the camp at around 7pm. I plan to come back on the 30th, so if there is anyone that wants to team up for a cooking day, let me know.
I'm down to team up one of those nights! Let me know how you think works best, I love to cook and can whip up some mean dishes but it just seems easier to give the meat to the restaurant; nonetheless, let me know what you're thinking!

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:15 PM   #33
Jefe Dos
FNG

Custom Kayak Trailer

On an unrelated topic-Due to back injuries I need a custom trailer built that would be 40" wide and roughly 13' long to hold my Hobie Outback for storage in my front yard. I only have 40" to work with on the gate opening.

My goal is to have this kayak stored on the trailer with a tarp on it and ready to hook up to drive 5 miles to La Jolla. I could limit my speed to 50-55mph if necessary. All the trailers I find are minimum 48" wide due to the axle size. For longer trips I would have somebody help me lift the boat onto my 4Runner.

Thanks, Jeff
Jefe Dos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:39 AM   #34
Gr8fuldude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPukaShell View Post
Hey Robert, I can only do the 26th-28th this trip, a real quickie. I'd be happy to share dinner duties with you any of those nights. Thanks for asking.
Gr8fuldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:27 AM   #35
MrPukaShell

Hey Bob, Robert & Paul will do dinner at the restaurant on the 26th if no one has taken that date.
MrPukaShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:15 AM   #36
Sivak

24-31 May GONZAGA Dinner Schedule

Gents, if you have not already committed to a dinner please do so and add yourself to this schedule. If the list is full and you are not on it, just add your name to another group and we'll figure it out. If there are any mistakes to the list, please adjust as necessary.

Thank you

Battleborn / Tom--------Dinner the 24th
OPEN---------------------Dinner the 25th
Paul / Robert------------Dinner the 26th
Sivak / Kelly-------------Dinner the 27th
Westfork / Kai-----------Dinner the 28th
Farreola / Stevie951----Dinner the 29th
OPEN---------------------Dinner the 30th
Old 05-13-2017, 11:56 AM   #37
stevie951
Lurker

Side note, any of you guys have luck in the past paying for cheap liability insurance online anywhere? How much am i looking at? Looking to get it done nice and easy, or am I better off calling my Insurance? Was Checking out Bajabound.com looks like they do it 3rd party, can do the 7 days for 35 bucks under standard coverage through an, "Ace Seguros." Does this sound legit?

Cheers,

Stevie

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13

Last edited by stevie951; 05-13-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:01 PM   #38
Sivak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie951 View Post
Side note, any of you guys have luck in the past paying for cheap liability insurance online anywhere? How much am i looking at? Looking to get it done nice and easy, or am I better off calling my Insurance?

Cheers,

Stevie
Check out https://www.bajabound.com/
Old 05-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #39
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivak View Post
Perfect, made an edit to the original posting while you made this comment.. thanks brother

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
Old 05-13-2017, 12:33 PM   #40
Mahigeer

This is what I use.

Baja Bound Insurance Services co.

ACE Segurous

888-552-2252

I paid $76.00 for April 2nd-April 10

Never had to put a claim yet (thank god), so I cannot say anything about the service.

If you have Sentri card, you are required to get insurance is what I understand. American insurance companies are not acceptable.