Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2024, 09:02 AM   #1
Saba Slayer

PCS Show

The PCS Show starts Thursday.
The seminar schedules look like they'll be some good info and real pros in some panel discussions. This style of seminars really seems to get more tips out of em and less sales talk
The vendor list is impressive and some of the sale prices at Turners and Fishermans Landing are pretty decent. Berkley will fill any reel bought at the show for over $50 with new braid line for free. I think Shimano is doing free Power Pro if you buy a reel too.
If you have any questions about gear or technical info this is the place to do it, not on the internet with a keyboard jockey's "professional experience" LOL
Parking is only $12 and the food inside was pretty good last year.
I'll be there Friday
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2024-03-05 at 9.50.25 AM.jpg (59.9 KB, 63 views)

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 07:50 PM   #2
JohnMckroidJr

Looks like Daiwa sponsored more seminars per day. I did not see any kayak fishing seminars?

https://sportfishingfestival.com/
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 07:47 PM   #3
Saba Slayer

Great Show

Just got back from the PCS show...Bill has done a great job and the show has really grown over the last few years
I got there around 1 pm. Two cars in front to enter parking ($12) and just a couple of people in line as I entered the show. I left the show at 6:30 and still hadn't seen everything. There was great attendance but it didn't seem too crowded the way Bill has laid it out with the different halls and the hallways between filled with boats.
The fishing tackle and vendor list was impressive and there were only a few nut or Jerky vendors, although, Mahogany Smoked Meats from Bishop was there so I had to get some of their delicious Jerky since I haven't been up 395 since last summer. Lots of boats and some travel destination booths along with most of the landings and charters were there.
Fishermans Tackle had some really good markdown prices on rods so I got a couple of the $25 7' Graphite Berkley rods with the small guides (they fit great in the tubes on the PA 14) and I also bought a two for one on Izor mono.
20% off on Hookup baits at Turners so I got a few of the new 5/8 and 1oz Squid and the Ice color for the local Bass and some 1/32 and 1/16 black/gold, pumpkin, and chub colors for the Sierra Trout.
Aftco stuff was 20% off at Ketchum tackle so I got a couple of the thinner Shinkei Jime Circuit Breaker wires for Rockfish and Trout.
The smoked BBQ place was delicious.
I only sat in on one seminar. It was Afran Abutin, Matt Florentino, Lane Killian, and Randy Spizer talking about Bay Bass. What I took away from it was that I need to use my A-Rig a lot more as a "fish finder" and just go up on the weight for the deeper artificial reefs.

I Want the 40' Freeman Center Console with the 4 outboards...just don't tell my wife...LOL

A CCA CAL booth was there and we're having a Star Tournament this summer. I believe it runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day. It's a photo and post type tourney and a 18' Parker is the grand prize. They are also doing their Coastal Social North Tourney at 22nd St landing again in April. I came in third last year and first the year before. Kayakers can fish anywhere, as its another photo and post tourney. Please donate to CCA CAL and participate in these tourneys.

If you're on the fence about going, Just Go, it was worth the drive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9336.jpg (61.0 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by Saba Slayer; 03-09-2024 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-09-2024, 06:11 PM   #4
Mahigeer

I was there on Friday, 1:00-6:30 PM. Went to Turnner's twice to look for you but missed you.

I agree that the PCS is much better than Bart Hall.

For me the shows are a yearly reunion with many friends.

Don't need any more tackle, maybe a shirt or two, if they are interesting.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 10:35 AM   #5
PapaDave

Having gone to both Bart's and then PCS, I'd have to say that the PCS was way better then the other two, and I spent way too much...
Old 03-10-2024, 06:48 PM   #6
Saba Slayer

Hasheim

Hashiem...I saw you walk by Hook Up Baits but the crowd at the booth was so big I guess you didn't see me.
It was really good seeing and talking to all my old fishing friends and associates at the show.
Sorry I missed you Hashiem. Come fishing down in Redondo some time.

Last edited by Saba Slayer; 03-11-2024 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:27 AM   #7
Mahigeer

Good to see you too.

I will let you know when I can fish the Redondo. Thanks.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote