Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2023, 01:14 PM   #1
pistol

Sunday La Jolla

First light launch- easy with small waves. Bait was abundant and water temp is coming up 63-66. Not much in terms of pelagics but plenty of rockfish, sculpin and calicos. Ready for fish taco Monday. Wnd came up at times but landing was uneventful. Two guys were fishing well inside- I politely reminded them THe location of the MLPA boundary. They clearly did not care, so I less politely told them that their idiocy gives legitimacy to the lobbies trying to close more fishing of our fishing grounds. They were clearly ignorant or just "ignorant."

Quick reminder for everyone launching, landing and driving on the beach: be kind to everyone, even when people are idiots. It does is no good to yell, scream and demand the right of way. It is a minor miracle that we can still drop and launch in this place- we need to keep it that way. Now, I am not saying that I always am this accommodating and gentle in my approach, but I try to keep my eye on what is important- this is a fantastic resource- even though the fishing is not as stellar as past years. It will improve!
pistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 06:12 AM   #2
MavYak
Junior

Thumbs up

nice to see a LJ report again. thanks for sharing
MavYak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 03:45 AM   #3
TJones

Thank you

for report.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 09:33 AM   #4
Pinhead
We all Stink Sometimes!

All good reminders, thank you....and Nice report. Glad you caught a few fish.

Same with hunting / shooting. We continue to lose publick access for hunting and lost all target shooting areas 10+ years ago. People abused the areas by leaving trash, being disrespectful, fights etc.......seems the *Anti's* will look for any possible excuse to take any benefit away from those who use and pay taxes for our publick resources, all in the name of almighty *safety*, climate change, mother earth or whatever. Best to retain a low profile and enjoy it while it lasts. Keep Fishing!!!!!!!
Pinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 12:10 PM   #5
JohnMckroidJr

I was hoping to read about making squid and big yellows like I saw on other social media, but maybe you were just out on the wrong day. Thanks for the report.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 10:30 AM   #6
pistol

Story of my life- sometimes right day but wrong part of the day. Believe me, coming back without a WSB or Yellow a few years ago was considered a bad day. But, I also used to spend 10-12 hours out in a session; now 3-5 hours. They are still there, just need to unlock the code. Strange days but I will figure it out.
pistol is offline   Reply With Quote