Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2015, 04:18 PM   #21
kobra

Slayer!!!
kobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:35 PM   #22
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Nice day!
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:51 PM   #23
Bert Vega
Tail Chaser!

Nice job Jeff!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:17 PM   #24
roby
CEO of Team Roby

The yellowtail are just icing on the cake to a gorgeous day.

Nice job Jeff!!
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:24 PM   #25
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
*****Update*****

SCROLL down!!!

About to take off here and saw LJ was calling for 3-5' swell today with 1.5' sec. Well here she is!!!

39-40" guessing 20-22lb!!!
LaJolla Lake! Nice timely OTWR. Doesn't get any better than that!
Nice !
I'm not jealous...wrong ! ! !
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:39 PM   #26
blitzburgh

Old 01-27-2015, 07:43 AM   #27
JeffB

Calm before the storm

It got nasty out there super super fast. I hooked up on the dropper right when the wind started. I buttoned down the drag and started cranking as fast as I possibly could not caring if it busted or pulled off. The wind was blowing an easy 35mph gusting 40+. 60 secs into it it was white capping. 5min into it there were 1' swells, 15min into it there were 1.5-2' swells one after another. I had to do a gangster lean to the right to keep from rolling over in my revo. Needless to say I got soaked. I took really big one over the front that completely fills the yak.mluckily I came in a good mile from where I was at originally. Oh and the fish wound up being a PB lingcod for me. It was about 36-38" everybit of 15lb. Would've took pix, but was in a frantic try to get all my gear in. Sent her back down and pulled the over flow tube on the bait tank to shed some weight.

I saw three yaks get washed from a mile south of the point to a mile north of it in the 30min it took me to get to the NW corner of the kelp from the mini hurricane I was lucky enough to be in about a 1.5miles out. Still glad I wasnt 2.4miles out like I was at the originally spot. That would've really sucked. Well needless to say that by the time I got to the MLPA buoys, the Kayakers were almost out of sight. So I asked a lobster boater sitting there if he could go check on them, told him the little story. He simply replied that's what they get for coming out. So I called 911 and aske for the CG, they linked me to the life guard. Only crappy thing was is that they made me stay on the phone with them until the life guard boat got onto the water. So even the I made it into the cove I was still get splashed and my phone will officially take a crap here shortly. It will not charge anymore. The LG brought everyone in safely and I was off to await for another window to open this week to get out on the water.

I'll post up next time I go out. Also bait was super easy to make as well. There are a ton of spread out greenies all around the kelp line as well as Spanish. I had 20 pieces in about 20min. there was some kind of hatch out there, so they are slowly starting to school up.
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2015, 08:34 AM   #28
addicted2sp33d
Here fishy fishy fishy...

That is just all kinds of exciting - good and bad.
Wonder if those other yakkers are on BWE; hope they all made it back.
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:45 AM   #29
svendawg

koodoos to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
It got nasty out there super super fast. I hooked up on the dropper right when the wind started. I buttoned down the drag and started cranking as fast as I possibly could not caring if it busted or pulled off. The wind was blowing an easy 35mph gusting 40+. 60 secs into it it was white capping. 5min into it there were 1' swells, 15min into it there were 1.5-2' swells one after another. I had to do a gangster lean to the right to keep from rolling over in my revo. Needless to say I got soaked. I took really big one over the front that completely fills the yak.mluckily I came in a good mile from where I was at originally. Oh and the fish wound up being a PB lingcod for me. It was about 36-38" everybit of 15lb. Would've took pix, but was in a frantic try to get all my gear in. Sent her back down and pulled the over flow tube on the bait tank to shed some weight.

I saw three yaks get washed from a mile south of the point to a mile north of it in the 30min it took me to get to the NW corner of the kelp from the mini hurricane I was lucky enough to be in about a 1.5miles out. Still glad I wasnt 2.4miles out like I was at the originally spot. That would've really sucked. Well needless to say that by the time I got to the MLPA buoys, the Kayakers were almost out of sight. So I asked a lobster boater sitting there if he could go check on them, told him the little story. He simply replied that's what they get for coming out. So I called 911 and aske for the CG, they linked me to the life guard. Only crappy thing was is that they made me stay on the phone with them until the life guard boat got onto the water. So even the I made it into the cove I was still get splashed and my phone will officially take a crap here shortly. It will not charge anymore. The LG brought everyone in safely and I was off to await for another window to open this week to get out on the water.

I'll post up next time I go out. Also bait was super easy to make as well. There are a ton of spread out greenies all around the kelp line as well as Spanish. I had 20 pieces in about 20min. there was some kind of hatch out there, so they are slowly starting to school up.
You are an inspiration to this kayak fishing community. Way to help out those fellow kayakers in trouble
svendawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:20 AM   #30
ashmoz

lots of "dopeness" in your post, dude.
ashmoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:51 AM   #31
JeffB

They made it back in, two tourist and the guide. Life guards brought in ine yak and the tourist, guide came in unassisted with extra yak in tow. Yea I told the tourist I called them in for them. The girl just gave up on them.

Sitting at Apple now hoping they don't charge $200 for a new phone
Old 01-27-2015, 12:14 PM   #32
Mobyfish

nice yellow!

Nice yellow. Are you a guide?
-Mobyfish
Mobyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:12 PM   #33
JeffB

No, I'm definitely no guide, lol!
Old 01-27-2015, 01:23 PM   #34
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

Nice fish Jeff.

I cross posted your report to www.fishdope.com .... thanks

Moby fish... check this site:

http://www.seasamurai.com/

dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:21 PM   #35
T-Rex

Nice
Old 01-27-2015, 04:03 PM   #36
YakDout
Brandon

Nice FEESH
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:46 PM   #37
LBKayakDude

Very inspired. Absolutely amazing. Fantastic work. You've got me amped to get out there. Thanks for a great post 👍👍 🎣🎣
LBKayakDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:23 PM   #38
f'nsabiki

That's a screen saver right there----beautiful
f'nsabiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:17 PM   #39
Mike scales

Saaaweeeet!!!!!
Mike scales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:23 PM   #40
Smthtnnr
Fishing Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos ballenas View Post
I cross posted your report to www.fishdope.com .... thanks
Hahahahaha for fucks sake. Great

Cool fish man. First OTW report I've seen... That's dedication. Normally I'm fishing out there
Smthtnnr is offline   Reply With Quote