Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 03:35 PM   #1
pimikem

thar be whales capatin...oh yeah, yt too

played hookie today since it was my birthday. i figured the fish gods would bring me a gift. no such luck for me, however i did see nice fish landed. on the way out i passed a fellow yaker who had one on deck in the 20 pound class. i saw another yaker land one in the 10 - 15 pound range on a blue and white iron. he had his pole in the pole holder, with the iron on the bottom, when he got hit. i guess the movement of the boat was giving the iron enough play. a power boater i was fishing along side of, hauled up a nice 25 - 30 pound fish.
i had put in about 6 hrs. by then, so i headed in when i passed a large gray whale putt'n around. it was a beautiful animal. when i landed i went to throw some trash in the can. someone had hacked about 8 pounds of meat off of what looked to be at one time, a 20 pound yt. they are still out guys.
mike
pimikem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:30 PM   #2
Dennis

Bummer... That would have been some good eats, or since it was in the trash lobster bait. Was this in La Jolla? There was a couple of YT caught this morning.. Last year I had a whale stroll by close, I thought he was going to tip me. We also saw a whale breach the surface just inside the preserve...It was crazy :shock: ...
Happy Birthday, Mike.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote