Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 12-06-2005, 10:31 AM   #1
vellocity

LJ Tuesday AM, carnage? NO, but crowded...

not BENDO-LAND like yesterday morning but equally as beautiful condition wise....
the private boaters finally caught on and in the pitch of darkness there were already 8 boats drifting closely together..
picked up a friend from the beach and we yoyoed amongst the crowd..
sent a live squid down to the bottom and that was our only fish...
18# model and my friend also got bumped on a iron that didn't stick...

yesterday was the same kinda morning flurry only many more hookups and much more FUN! lucked out twice and got one 33# TOAD on a live squid and another 18# model on the jig..

if you can get out there early jig up some squid and fish it... guaranteed.. one PB today was using live squid and they looked like they got 5 or 6 YT's and pretty much all of the action...

nice grade out there! couple more toads caught today on some yakers..
good luck!
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:53 AM   #2
madscientist

Quote:
yesterday was the same kinda morning flurry only many more hookups and much more FUN!
Of course it was more fun, Pat and I were there.
Guess the cat is out of the bag. Glad I'm done for the week. Might have to put a nice fake post about the wide open YT bite on BD Wed so that Golden boy has plenty of competition out there Thurs. :twisted:
Kind of like Andy did to me all summer when the bite was at the horseshoe. :lol:
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:24 AM   #3
vellocity

yes it's always fun when you're out there Brad! especially when you're getting "TOWED" all around LJ with the wrong kind! i swear you catch the most variety of all ocean critters!

it's also good seeing that big dude on the smallest blue Drifter with only 1 rod!!! he got a TOAD this morning, sorry Chris, looks like it's a race to the finish!

today's fish has 5 barely digested greenbacks in his guts so the good news is that they're also keying in and eating the fin baits too!
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 12:27 PM   #4
madscientist

I'm thinking about recycling the squid from the belly of tonights bug bait for tomorrow AM. Was it still a early morning fast and furious bite? Have a dentist appointment at 9:30, guess I could go straight there smelling like fish, beer, and stanky half digested two day old squid. Pity the hygienist!

Glad to hear Pat is making Chris work for it. I didn't think he'd be content with his little guy on Tues. Gonna be a freakin zoo out there tomorrow. :P
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 12:55 PM   #5
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Quote:
Glad to hear Pat is making Chris work for it. I didn't think he'd be content with his little guy on Tues. Gonna be a freakin zoo out there tomorrow.
Uh-oh! :shock:

C'mon BWE, hurry up and change the leaderboard, I need to experience the sheer intoxication of being posted under the top 10, for a little while at least! :cry: :lol:

I'd call in sick, but honestly, I think 32 pts would be tough to beat, got to save my "cough, cough, hi this is Chris, I am calling to let you know I woke up feeling a little under the weather, cough, cough, so I am gonna stay home and try to get better." then the self-sacrificing clencher "I really want to make it, but don't want to risk getting my fellow employees sick....cough, cough" :P I will use this wildcard towards the end of the month.

Good luck to all, look forward to seeing some pics, hope they hold until Sunday!

Chris 8)
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote