Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 08-10-2018, 06:10 AM   #21
YakDout
Brandon

Local Knowledge heads to Mako-ville!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos ballenas View Post
You guys. Yes they launched in Gonzaga. But ALL THE fishing was done in Bahia de los Angeles. Im not trying to correct every one, but you clearly did not watch the episode, or know Baja. Not being rude. But the crowd here seems to think they know everything. The footage, except for where they put in, is all clearly islands near bahia de los angeles. just listen to the comentary in the episode..... and look at the boat they are fishing with Julio on. Do you guys even know Julio?

Julio Meza? Nope never heard of him. You mean the guy who frequently fishes the islands and areas around Gonzaga bay?

Last edited by YakDout; 08-10-2018 at 06:25 AM.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:22 AM   #22
YakDout
Brandon

To say they were not Fishing the area around Gonzaga is an assumption on your end. I have no problem with them exploiting a little area of paradise down there because like others have said most are too scared to go down. But do you really think they would launch from Gonzaga and B line it straight down to Bahia de Los Angeles and not fish anywhere near Gonzaga? Hell of a pointless boat ride. Would make no sense at all. Why would they not just launch from Bahia de Los Angeles? Again no problem with them advertising the Fishing in Gonzaga. Hopefully it does bring a little more money down there. But they definitely did fish that area.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:22 AM   #23
Mahigeer

Did they lunch at Papa Fernandez?

One of my several plans to be discussed tomorrow with my friend is to take his boat.

Then lunch from PF and stay on the boat.

Fish and travel to Bahia de Los Angeles.

Come back to PF at the end of the week.

Anybody knows how long a boat ride is from PF to BdLA?
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:57 AM   #24
Dannowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
Did they lunch at Papa Fernandez?

One of my several plans to be discussed tomorrow with my friend is to take his boat.

Then lunch from PF and stay on the boat.

Fish and travel to Bahia de Los Angeles.

Come back to PF at the end of the week.

Anybody knows how long a boat ride is from PF to BdLA?

they launched at PF. towing a boat that size between cocos and BOLA doesn't seem too fun. the boat ride from PF to the tip of Isla Angel is like 45 miles. to BOLA proper is about 65
Old 08-10-2018, 11:36 AM   #25
Mahigeer

Thanks.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:38 PM   #26
Iceman
Administrator

Episode was killer and looked way more dramatically landscaped and remote than Gonzaga.

Last edited by Iceman; 08-10-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:49 PM   #27
domtesta27

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
Julio Meza? Nope never heard of him. You mean the guy who frequently fishes the islands and areas around Gonzaga bay?

domtesta27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:50 PM   #28
domtesta27

Danny hit me up I want to pick your brain regarding spearing at Bob's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannowar View Post
they launched at PF. towing a boat that size between cocos and BOLA doesn't seem too fun. the boat ride from PF to the tip of Isla Angel is like 45 miles. to BOLA proper is about 65
Old 08-13-2018, 03:07 PM   #29
domtesta27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqrLMtuRekU

damn its tough being right all the time...... part 2 will air next week. By the way it actually says in the first sentence of the description "The journey along the Sea of Cortez midriff continues as the guys head further south"

Quote:
Originally Posted by domtesta27 View Post
since you feel like correcting people........They drove down and launched out of Gonzaga bay, they also started their fishing there. So they were probably fishing just south of Gonzaga along the rocks.

If you listen at the end of the episode when they land the golden grouper they say its been an amazing day 1. I'm assuming this will be a multipart episode since they are mother shipping all the way to BofLa and back again.

Luckily for us they were headed south.......
Also as long as the local restaurant will continue to make fresh chicken mole and fish meatball soup from the sierra we catch they can continue to take my money I don't care if it costs a little more.