Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #21
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
toss out a few GPS# s about a a click off your location and sit back and enjoy!
i actually seen a guy do that. he was in a center console and i was about 20 yards away fishing the kelp and we were talking and he says, "watch this".. gets on there, gives them some numbers of some "fish he caught about 15 mins ago" and 4 or 5 boats went over. we started laughing and they came on the radio about 30 minutes later and were hooking up on yellows in the 20-30lb range. we could see the birds diving and fish busting and the entire fleet pulling anchore. i laughed but he was pissed.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #22
Lindsay
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
Is your phone waterproof, does it float? I fish alone all the time but I'm Jar Head and we are invincible. I always have a Radio, thats where the best dope is! and lastly You Navy rejects are alright in my book.
+1, If I have not a radio, I will feel lonely.
Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #23
TEAMFISH
Team Kayak Obesessions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Yep having a radio is a good thing, remember a couple of weeks ago me and greg saved some dude having a stroke...? He got on 16 right away and within 2 minutes the harbor patrol was there.

Last time I called 911 on my cell phone...the recording I got went something like this...."Good afternoon...you have reached the california highway patrol...all of our operators are currently busy with other callers, your call is important to us so your call will be answered in the order it was received, and thank you for calling the california highway patrol.....(elevator music)...." Can you believe that crap?

If I had a dieing man and I got that recording!!!!!!!
X2, A cell phone is useless for 911 and coast gaurd calls. Besides, I too enjoy all the radio banter.
TEAMFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #24
Chief Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMFISH View Post
X2, A cell phone is useless for 911 and coast gaurd calls. Besides, I too enjoy all the radio banter.
the radio

It's Funnier than Hell when the Guys get on the radio talking very graphically about the "Tail" they got last night and then hearing a Butch Coastie/ Navy Chick get on and tell them to "Cease and Disist". Had that happen out there once and I was laughing so hard, spewing beer out of both nostrils and ears that I almost pissed myself and fell out of my Tarpon.....Just like fishing, you never know what kind of shit you might experience out there LOL
Chief Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #25
lterrero
Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I go without one. Mainly because I always have Cell phone service, and now a days you can't peddle out and not be within ear shout of someone else. I've been on the water over 100 times this year, and haven't had a situation where I needed a radio over my cell phone. It also might have to do with the fact I'm in the Coast Guard and can make a phone call that will get a faster response that a radio call.
for me is real hard to dial a 7 digit # to talk with somebody less than a mile & wait to ring at the other end...

Last edited by lterrero; 09-20-2012 at 06:38 PM.
lterrero is offline   Reply With Quote