Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 10-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
Dail14

sd bay 10/19

Took out my new stealth 12 for both mine and it's first time bay outing. Ran into Mr.Patrick who helped me in so many ways and managed to catch three spotted bay bass. He got around twelve and both of us missed many more. Off the water at twelve because of wind and waves. All in all a fun first kayak fishing trip
Dail14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
MrM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dail14 View Post
Took out my new stealth 12 for both mine and it's first time bay outing. Ran into Mr.Patrick who helped me in so many ways and managed to catch three spotted bay bass. He got around twelve and both of us missed many more. Off the water at twelve because of wind and waves. All in all a fun first kayak fishing trip
He's a nice guy. Met him at Yakfest this year. Glad you had a fun outing!
Old 10-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
MrPatrick

Thanks dail14

Fishing was slow, but the water was nice and flat until the wind picked up. Dail14 was eager and willing to listen and learn. We took a short break and paddled back to the launch so he could adjust his seat back. We got it to a more supportive position. He said he can't wait to go to La Jolla and catch some big ones. He said he would after he saved up to get better/bigger rods and a gaff. He had said earlier that he had recently turned 18. Well I didn't have a Trinidad/ Seeker set up, but I did have a gaff to give him. He now has a custom one off golf/shaft gaff. Use it well young man.

Last edited by MrPatrick; 10-19-2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Grammer
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
Dail14

Thanks again for everything Mr.Patrick. I probably would have gotten skunked without your advice.
Dail14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
Sdspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPatrick View Post
Fishing was slow, but the water was nice and flat until the wind picked up. Dail14 was eager and willing to listen and learn. We took a short break and paddled back to the launch so he could adjust his seat back. We got it to a more supportive position. He said he can't wait to go to La Jolla and catch some big ones. He said he would after he saved up to get better/bigger rods and a gaff. He had said earlier that he had recently turned 18. Well I didn't have a Trinidad/ Seeker set up, but I did have a gaff to give him. He now has a custom one off golf/shaft gaff. Use it well young man.
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:13 AM   #6
Chief Gunner

Good Karma on this one
Chief Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
Dirty Curti

Mr. Patrick has graduated to Mr. Mentor!

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote