Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2014, 05:01 PM   #1
Bojangles909
Junior

Need advice!!!

So I'm "upgrading the seat on my prowler 15. I'm a big guy so I needed the extra back support. My concern is that the hard plastic seat will rub againg the yak and do damage. Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (48.7 KB, 99 views)
Bojangles909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #2
GregAndrew

That seat is going to raise your center of gravity up quite a bit and make that kayak pretty tippy. You would probably be better off with a pad and a seat that wraps around your sides for support.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:34 AM   #3
Fishwhisperer619

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
That seat is going to raise your center of gravity up quite a bit and make that kayak pretty tippy. You would probably be better off with a pad and a seat that wraps around your sides for support.
Agreed, but if this is the path you want to go you can always use Velcro with the adhesive backing
Fishwhisperer619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:41 AM   #4
Big T
Member, You Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
X2

I have been considering selling my seaairsports highback adjustable seat for a while... maybe this is something you may be interested in. The only reason I am considering it is because I myself DON'T like the highback thing.... I kinda miss my lowback seat I used to have on my first yak.

But yeah, I see that getting you high enough to make the yak quite tippy.... The PA's and Jacksons that are designed with seats like that are just that... designed for them.
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote