Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 02-07-2006, 11:43 AM   #1
F'nArne

LJ 2/7

Not much to report - long interval launch into 1 footers; greenies at the pier were fighting over my sabiki torpedo sinker; had as many as I wanted within 5 minutes. Between the pier and the point there were big schools of dines working pretty hard on the surface.

At the point I dropped a greenie to the bottom and yoyoed ... for more greenies. Nothing even came close to my bait. Worked from 105-145 feet. Chatted with Andy for a bit then paddled in to 6 inch surf about a couple hours before low tide.

Lots of stuff working inside. Andy spotted a huge bird pile working to the north early on, but neither of us opted for the long paddle and chase.

Like a lake out there.
F'nArne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:49 AM   #2
madscientist

Sounds like we are locked into the Feb doldrums. Going hooping in a bit but will try to find something interesting as the sun sets. Is the water still brown?
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:01 PM   #3
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Whenever I see the twin A's or Brad with a fresh post I get nervous, and think I should've been on the water...
Never know what I missed.
So nice to read a post and not have to jones about getting out.
Sorry you didn't get anything, but I sure am relieved to not see some big arse fish, or that the bite is going off. :lol:

My empty freezer and I will sleep good tonight.....

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:40 AM   #4
F'nArne

Sorry Brad - water color was ... well ... see my post from last year on color deficiency. I CAN tell you that I thought I saw a big YT boil early in the am and threw my jig at it - turned out to be a flower pot - yeah, a big flower pot. Lots of trash out there.

Tman - I feel the same way when I see a post by Brad, Andy, DaveC, Pat, Katchfish, A&J, Skiffman, Froman (well, maybe not Froman) etc., etc. - I'm guessing you'll get a bunch more of these kinds of posts during the next couple weeks - dead February just like last year, except without the bad weather.

Waiting for the big ghosts to come out on March 4.
F'nArne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:54 AM   #5
madscientist

Sorry Arne, forgot about the color thing. I've noticed a lot more trash in the water lately, not quite sure what that means. No love in the PM either, other than the creepy crawly kind.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote