Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 02-13-2006, 11:57 AM   #1
PescadorPete

Cardiff - Sunday

It had been a while and the weather was too nice so launched at my local spot. Made my way out through some pretty big sets at dead high tide. Fished around the lobster pots and then on the outside up to Swami's. Water is almost blue and clear about a mile offshore, kelp is still pretty beat down. Plastics, metal, live bait - nada. Drifted back downhill dragging the bottom for halibut. Not very fishy, maybe next weekend.
PescadorPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:33 PM   #2
mars

I think I saw you launch (mid morningish). I was surfing and thinking you were nuts for launching in that surf. Some real nice lulls if you timed it right, which you pretty much did on your way out. If you didn’t time it right, you were pretty much doomed. Hope you fared as well on your landing. Too bad about the slow fishing. That's my local launch area as well, though I haven't fished it since Nov/Dec.

Maybe I'll see ya out there this weekend.

-kvn
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:52 PM   #3
surfkast

speaking of North County, I surfed Ponto today and saw a ton of birds working about 1/2 mile out. They were definitely following a school of something around for about 20-30 minutes. Water was super clear.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:43 AM   #4
mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfkast
speaking of North County, I surfed Ponto today and saw a ton of birds working about 1/2 mile out. They were definitely following a school of something around for about 20-30 minutes. Water was super clear.
I have some friends who were surf fishing that area last week and said the birds were working all over around there. One of them ended up with a LARGE (30ish pounds) striper. Pretty bizarre.
mars is offline   Reply With Quote