Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2006, 12:29 PM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

2/17 LJ Rattlers

Launched a little late, all the grey was just about gone and Vito was out ahead of me. Breeze all morning, but plenty fishable, if only there were fish. After passing the reserve, I saw a nice pile of birds out another 1/2 mile and as I got closer saw Vito on the edge of em. They were long gone by the time I got there. I guess there were no visible fish, but they sure looked good, balled up and moving around. No other surface activity for the rest of the morning. I started deadsticking and iron and yoyoing another. Switched the dead iron to a 5 in glow scampi with a 2 oz head and started picking up sculpin, one was almost big enough for me to take out the camera Even got one on the iron. Launch and landing was sloppy, short and stubby, but easy enough, not alot of sun and the consistant breeze made it a lil chilly..........next week
Old 02-17-2006, 12:33 PM   #2
madscientist

I'm coming to hate february. Alarm went off this morning but I decided I was too tired to get up so I bailed on the morning run. Sounds like it's still stuck in the doldrums, fish wise. I'll hit it hard this weekend, weather permitting.

Only 11 more days till rockfish opens...woohoo!
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:21 PM   #3
Aaron&Julie

A for effort

Well, somebody had to try. Better luck next time Andy. You must've recovered from your flu bug to go out in the currently slow conditions.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #4
GBF

I love Sculpin!!!!

GBF