Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
asystole

A short South Carlsbad Kelp report

Hey guys,

A couple guys from work and I are just getting in to yak fishing so we decided to head out to the kelp in south carlsbad. Only my 4th time in my boat and I think the other guys had fewer times under their belts.

We got a late start and were on the water by 10, breeze was already coming up putting just a little bump in the water. I have not completed building my bait tank so I whip out some Gulp Jerk Shad and start drifting from the outside. Stayed out for about 3 hours, water temp 73 and still pretty clear. I ended up with 8 calicos all C&R most were in the 8" to 12" with one that was about 18", beautiful healthy fish.

Had a great time, though my buddies could not get bit if their lifes depended on it. One got skunked and the other ended up with a small calico. All in all had a lot of fun and made it back safe through some decent size blown out surf.

Dave
asystole is offline   Reply With Quote