Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 01-31-2014, 07:52 AM   #441
Bigfish
Junior

Pro Angler 14 Dual Seats/Tandumn Seats

Pro Angler 14 Dual Seats/Tandumn Seats.
This is such a big boat, why be selfish.
Share a ride.
Bigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:50 AM   #442
Firefly51
Junior

Equipment leashes

This example is made from .!05" Weed-Whacker line. I use these to secure all my gear and they work great. They extend to about 4' so they are plenty long enough for paddle, rods, and other gear.
First, I wrap the line tightly around a 1/2" x 9" wooden dowel with holes drilled about 1/4" from each end. The holes must be just large enough to pass the ends of the line through. I leave about 6" - 8" of line sticking through each hole. Place the line wrapped dowel on a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes, remove and place it in the freezer for another 10 minutes. Remove the dowel and the line has now become permanently coiled with two straight ends. Make loops on the ends of the lines with the little compression ferrules as shown. You can add clips, snaps, hook and loop tape, whatever.

Last edited by Firefly51; 02-10-2014 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Photo
Firefly51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:17 AM   #443
Raskal311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
Pro Angler 14 Dual seats/tandumn seats.
This is such a big boat, why be selffish
share a ride.
interresting....
Old 02-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #444
svendawg

paddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
Pro Angler 14 Dual Seats/Tandumn Seats.
This is such a big boat, why be selfish.
Share a ride.
Where's her paddle. NO FREE RIDES
Good way to share your time on the water
svendawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:26 AM   #445
WildernessWanker
WildernessWanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly51 View Post
This example is made from .!05" Weed-Whacker line. I use these to secure all my gear and they work great. They extend to about 4' so they are plenty long enough for paddle, rods, and other gear.
First, I wrap the line tightly around a 1/2" x 9" wooden dowel with holes drilled about 1/4" from each end. The holes must be just large enough to pass the ends of the line through. I leave about 6" - 8" of line sticking through each hole. Place the line wrapped dowel on a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes, remove and place it in the freezer for another 10 minutes. Remove the dowel and the line has now become permanently coiled with two straight ends. Make loops on the ends of the lines with the little compression ferrules as shown. You can add clips, snaps, hook and loop tape, whatever.

How well does it respond to repeated stretching, does it hold the coil well?
WildernessWanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:16 PM   #446
kayachapi

Lifeproof Lifeboat

I got a new phone and a life proof case, for Christmas. It still wasn't Scott proof. Now if I ever get to go fishing again, I won't have to worry about the GPS location of the last place I saw it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (100.8 KB, 1142 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (106.2 KB, 1138 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_8434.jpeg (86.1 KB, 1143 views)
kayachapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #447
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayachapi View Post
I got a new phone and a life proof case, for Christmas. It still wasn't Scott proof. Now if I ever get to go fishing again, I won't have to worry about the GPS location of the last place I saw it.
I was the first to introduce the LifeProof case to this forum. It served well... until it didn't. My iPhone 4 survived everything that I could throw at it in its LifeProof case until I purposely took it underwater to use as a camera in Hawaii.

Apparently these cases have a lifespan and mine had reached the end. The case had developed a small crack which quickly allowed water to drown my phone. LifeProof support told me that this was my fault because I did not check the case ahead of time to determine if there were any leaks. How does one do that?

I used the case in one of the ways that LifeProof promotes in their advertising. If a product is hyped for a particular application but fails when used for that application, the product is not worthy of consideration.

Put me down as no longer being a LifeProof fan.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:53 PM   #448
dorado50

All that time and effort you put into promoting this product and now its defective?. Glad I didn't bite!. To test case just submerge in water WITHOUT the phone inside............
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #449
ful-rac
Emperor

I still have mine, and im still a happy lifeproof user. Ive even bought a 5s case for my new phone. Nothing is 100 % going to protect your phone, it still does a good job though.

Good to see your back!
Old 02-11-2014, 05:48 AM   #450
kayachapi

I got the lifeproof case so I could take and send pics on the water. I didn't like the zip-lock baggy solution that I was using. I usually fish with my boys and the wife enjoys seeing them and their fish. I just needed to keep my phone from sinking. I will from time to time check to see if it has cracked. Thanks for that.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:47 AM   #451
svendawg

strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly51 View Post

Do you know what the breaking strength is on that weed wacker line,
svendawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:48 AM   #452
kayachapi

Lifeproof Floaty, Huh?

Thanks for not busting me up on this one. I live in the High desert and obviousely dont get out much. Spend more time thinking about fishing than actually doing it. Family, work, on call half of my time. Anyway, I was thinking about taking a broomstick, tying some string to it, and making a J with a piece of wire to hold bait. Does anyone know of this has already been done?
Old 02-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #453
addicted2sp33d
Here fishy fishy fishy...

Not exactly kayak related, but definitely useful for you new dads out there...

We use Dr. Brown's bottles and pre-fill them with water when we travel. These things vent better, which means they will leak if they are tipped over. I don't like the travel caps because sometimes you forget to take them out, and sometimes after you take them out, you lose them!

Here's my solution: cheap and easily replaced if damaged. Coincidentally adult glass bottles are more-or-less the same size, so you (Dad) can share the same bottle carrier as your little guy/gal:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1607024_10203203939723941_613793008_n.jpg (39.3 KB, 982 views)
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:32 AM   #454
jbara

Headrest and upper back support...

I stay reclined when I'm out so the middle of my back has been sitting on the upper edge of the bait tank and is not quite comfortable after a long day fishing. I don't know if someone has already posted this but now I have a complete headrest on my hobie outback! I tested in the garage and I could have taken a nap right there. I hope it works as well on the water. I used insulator tubing for 1/2" copper and a metal tube I had laying around. I think the metal tube was a towel rod of some fixture I had removed. I cut the metal tube into 2ea 22cm length and inserted into the insulator tubing. You can see how I placed this into the handle of my bait tank. The loop at the top does not have any metal in it and the result is that it cradles your head when you lean back. I put an extra piece of styrofoam behind the bait tank so it doesn't slide back and crimp the intake from the scupper. I'll be adding some velcro to this so it doesn't float out of place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140226_010005.jpg (45.8 KB, 954 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140226_010043.jpg (50.4 KB, 949 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140226_010838.jpg (48.4 KB, 952 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2014-02-14-00h21m54s165.jpg (54.5 KB, 953 views)
jbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:38 AM   #455
Dannowar

Rad!!
Old 03-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #456
Schmalzy88

Milkcrate kayak cart

Built myself a kayak cart out of a milkcrate on the cheap. consists of: a threaded steel rod, 2 pneumatic tires from harbor freight, a milkcrate, 2 pvc endcaps with 5/8" premade holes, 4 flat washers, and 2 bolts.
its pretty simple but effective. the bar is a little too long so i'm going to cut it to size soon but its not too obtrusive. wanted to use wingnuts for easier disassembly but i couldn't find any at the hardware store. going to ziptie a pool noodle to the top rails for support and a softer mounting point. pretty inexpensive and easy to make (about $25). willing to build some more if anyone wants to buy one. all in all its cheaper than what i've seen on the market and allows for quick break down and gear transport. let me know what you vets think.
thanks
schmalzy88
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kayakcart.JPG (118.7 KB, 877 views)
Schmalzy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:39 PM   #457
jorluivil

You could have gone out and bought a high back seat and got rid of that POS Hobie seat.........that's what I did.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #458
Carp
(⌐■_■)--︻╦╤─ - - -

Ram ball mod

Tools needed
1/4 20 tap
#7 drill optional (just go slow w/tap as the hole is a bit tight)
1/4 pan head screw

On the underside of the ram mount there is a hole mine measured .198

Tap hole Using the 1/4 20 tap

You will end up with this

Which you then can use with a mighty mount
I do not have any geartrac but I'm sure it could work with it as well

It's not as pretty as a screwball but it's cheaper and still retains it's original purpose
Old 03-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #459
MrPatrick

You tapped that! 😄
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #460
Carp
(⌐■_■)--︻╦╤─ - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPatrick View Post
You tapped that! 😄
And put the screws to it!

Tags