Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 12:20 PM   #1
Dennis

12/11 LJ

Did a quick trip this morning. Launched 0500 to high tide, ankle slappers. Water was 59 degree, 20ft vis, wind out of the SE. Made my way to the spot and worked the iron. Got picked up on the deadstuck bucktail, had a nice good run but it didn't want to stick. That's about it. Saw a handful of boats and other kayakers. I heard of one fish caught, but nothing else when I left. Andy, Pat, Adi, Chris, Ken, Dave, or anyone... what's the word? Other fish caught?
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 03:23 PM   #2
lamb

Nothin' here to brag about. Another great day fishing.

I may have had one, for a little bit... ...I like to think shark. :roll:

Good seeing you all.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:45 PM   #3
Brett D.

I launched at 5:40 with Austin,Steamroll and Forrest.
Another nice sunrise

Fishing was slow. I heard of a 30 pound butt getting caught by a Power boater and then Iceman hooked up right after he paddled out and went for a ride.

Nice BSB. I would guess 100lbs. ??

That was all the action I saw all morning. Had to leave by 9:30.
Andy, I have a few more pics at this address:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v437/B...shes/?start=60
They're on page 4.
Brett D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:17 PM   #4
Iceman
Administrator

I had just got bumped on the yoyo, looked back and my deadstick iron was fully BENDO. Pinned in the rod holder, took me awhile to get it out. Took me for a great ride and I figured pretty early into it that it was a black seabass, so I put the wood to it. Line in and line back out. I was feelin the pain slingin ice the rest of the day. I have never pulled that hard on a fish.
Brett, Thanks for the cool pix. Definately 100+. Nate thanks for the assistance. It was great to watch it finally kick back down. I had another fish that seemed like a good one. Around 8:30, lifting and dropping , got hammered. Swung me around taking some serious line and seemed like it stopped and shook it's head and threw the hook. The rest of the morning was just million dollor weather and shit for current. It was freakin beautiful out there this morning. I may try and swing a PM later in the week, as mornings are not an option.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:28 AM   #5
PlasticSkipper

There is a good article on BSB in this weeks FishRap paper.

http://thelog.com/news/newsview.asp?c=174227

Dave
PlasticSkipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:21 AM   #6
Iceman
Administrator

Here are a few of the other pix Brett took.

Deadstick iron, white, glow back with a pearl scampi on a siwash nice and squidlike.

I have not caught a BSB in 2 1/2 years. My last one was estimated 80#. This one looked 100+.

Big thanks to Brett for snapping the pix and for Nate helping me get the fish back down. We had to chase it down as it swam off, belly up. I took that as a good sign, it still had alot of energy. It was pretty gassed, but once flipped over and pointing down it swam back down on it's own.